• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

Great run from Dougan, he's the only 1 who made up any ground from the rear. Atzeni not seen at his best there, got a double handful and let him get too far back.

Delighted with that. Andrea said that he tried to get closer, but slipped sidewards and got pushed back.

He also said that he's going to be a big race handicap winner.

Probably needs another win to be rated high enough for Ascot.

Couple of pictures.

b780976a4bc8163895739841a972317a.jpg

96a3da0a6375f312de89488e0b0f2977.jpg

Fair enough explanation from Atzeni, he was riding in the race after all. As a punter watching i think he's seriously got a chance to win a decent handicap too and any other horses that made up ground from the back of any of the fields today can be upgraded. Those would be Oasis Fantasy, Dougan, Ballydoyle, Gulliver, Even Song and Taqdeer. All of those have gone into my tracker and will be watched closely.

Poor excuse from Atzeni in my view, I was on each way so no damage done. I felt he rode a poor race, if he'd been closer to the pace for sure he'd have won. The horse has a real turn of foot, all he needed was to be up with the pace. Lets hope the handicapper doesn't put him up too much.

Think he'll probably go up to 96, but will need about 99 to be entered for Ascot, so unfortunately will need another run before then.

Think he'll probably go up to 96, but will need about 99 to be entered for Ascot, so unfortunately will need another run before then.

If that is what happens then lets hope he wins, yesterdays race was there for the taking, I'm still fuming with Atzeni.

Watch the 3.10 at Chester back, I'd love to hear all your views

AOB bigging up a relatively average horse and Seamie doing all he possibly could to avoid tarnishing its reputation.

He'd have won comfortably if pushed out.

AOB bigging up a relatively average horse and Seamie doing all he possibly could to avoid tarnishing its reputation.

He'd have won comfortably if pushed out.

Correct, what a joke that he didn't take the rail after the cut out. Hefferman spent all race looking where US Army Ranger was and in the straight he left the rail open for him. Reminded me of Fallon at Southwell.

Being kind i think it's fair to say that Seamie definitely didn't give the 2nd a hard race, not sure why as i don't think winning the Chester Vase will define US Army Ranger's career on the racetrack or at stud.

If anyone is interested Gosden had a daughter of Dar Re Mi win at Windsor today called So Mi Dar and could be one to follow next year.

I put this up in October last year and today she won the Musidora and is now longest price 3/1 for the Oaks. Wish i had of backed her for the race back then.

Frankel's first son goes tomorrow at Newbury in the 2.00, Conco.

Frankel's first son goes tomorrow at Newbury in the 2.00, Conco.

Already 13/8, may be that he's showing up really well at home but part of me thinks he is going to be short based on the fact that he is Frankel's first runner. He's extremely well bred but the Hannon horse Zebulon is related to 2 winners and is the one i would back at 9/2.

Dougan running again tomorrow at Newbury. Soft ground a bit different but should go well again. Anything from the trainer Penk??

Dougan running again tomorrow at Newbury. Soft ground a bit different but should go well again. Anything from the trainer Penk??

No not heard anything yet, but yes, soft ground will probably suit Englishman more than Dougan.

Hopefully I won't have a wasted journey like I did watching Billy run on Tuesday.

A quick question for slink. I've never been one for breeding, however I would like to keep track of when the progeny of Frankel run. How do I do that?

Best bet would be the racing post, on their search function you can search for stallions and any entries they have and then add them to a tracker. That's how i do it for either stallions or mares. Frankel currently only has 4 horses with entries in races this year they are Khattar, Dream Castle and Lightening Fast all entered in the Phoenix stakes and Majoris entered in the Redcar 2yo trophy.

Disappointed by the news that So Di Mar misses the Oaks but i'm sure she will be one to follow still later on in the year. Now to decide if Minding wins the Oaks or whether something will come out of the pack over 1m4f.

Best bet would be the racing post, on their search function you can search for stallions and any entries they have and then add them to a tracker. That's how i do it for either stallions or mares. Frankel currently only has 4 horses with entries in races this year they are Khattar, Dream Castle and Lightening Fast all entered in the Phoenix stakes and Majoris entered in the Redcar 2yo trophy.

Thanks slink

Back