• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

Shantou Village out in a novice chase tomorrow.

First of the potential big guns to be seen.

Not long until we hit jumps lift off for the season. Bring it on.

Won ridiculously easily. 34 lengths and 111 lengths. Mistake at the last. Can't take anything from that race

Moon Racer vs Ballyandy at Perth today starts the jumps season for me, 2 high quality bumper horses going over hurdles.

Superb news that Pipe and Twister are allowing them to face-off this early. Decent little novice chase on the card too with Flying Angel who was really progressive in handicap hurdles last season before a really solid effort in behind Yorkhill and Le Prezien at Aintree.

Gigginstown pulling all their horses from Mullins. 60 horses to find new homes then!

Considering they sacked off Tony Martin and Sandra Hughes earlier this year that leaves them with Elliott, Mouse, De Bromhead and a few with Made and Byrnes.

I imagine the majority will be off to Gordon. Could be a proper battle over the seas now with Ricci and Wylie with Willie and Gigginstown with Gordon.

Under new trainers and without the placement politics could be looking at Apple's Jade in the CH and Valseur Lido in the GC.

Got wood.

Gigginstown pulling all their horses from Mullins. 60 horses to find new homes then!

Considering they sacked off Tony Martin and Sandra Hughes earlier this year that leaves them with Elliott, Mouse, De Bromhead and a few with Made and Byrnes.

I imagine the majority will be off to Gordon. Could be a proper battle over the seas now with Ricci and Wylie with Willie and Gigginstown with Gordon.

Will be a shot in the arm for racing here, nothing against Mullins but his over-whelming domination wasnt good for racing. Can see most going to Elliott alright, then again Mouse did ok for him last year. Be interesting to see if the rise in fees was the real cause of the split, somehow can see O'Leary getting fed up with the placement politics and playing second fiddle to Ricci

Under new trainers and without the placement politics could be looking at Apple's Jade in the CH and Valseur Lido in the GC.

Got wood.

Agreed with Apples Jade, Willie said she was the best novice he had trained and she looked like it last year but unless Elliot finds some improvement that i can't see in Valseur Lido i would be massively disappointed if he was good enough to win a GC. I know it was over 2m6f and a bit but he couldn't beat Menorah last time out.

Apple's Jade, Don Poli and Blow by Blow all to Elliott

Agreed with Apples Jade, Willie said she was the best novice he had trained and she looked like it last year but unless Elliot finds some improvement that i can't see in Valseur Lido i would be massively disappointed if he was good enough to win a GC. I know it was over 2m6f and a bit but he couldn't beat Menorah last time out.

Needs a proper trip imo.

Surprised Petit Mouchouir hasn't gone back to Elliott considering he trained him in his P2P days.

A fair spread there and Mouse seems delighted with Admiral Chief. Willie was raving about him at the start of the year, but he hasn't made the track yet.

Thistlecrack making his debut over fences today at Chepstow.

Also, not sure if anyone saw Sir Jack getting an 80/1 place yesterday at Leicester.

Can't wait to see how Thistlecrack jumps a fence, if they all turn up in March the Gold Cup is going to be some race.

Saw that Penk, have they had a few problems with him or is he just not as good as he probably should be??

Can't wait to see how Thistlecrack jumps a fence, if they all turn up in March the Gold Cup is going to be some race.

Saw that Penk, have they had a few problems with him or is he just not as good as he probably should be??

Was just a bit out of shape, but is improving all the time and could be one to watch. Trains really well too.

Was just a bit out of shape, but is improving all the time and could be one to watch. Trains really well too.

That's good to hear, as i've said before i follow pedigrees closely and he's well related. If he's improving and training well he could be one to follow for sure.

Couldn't ask for much more than that for a debut over fences.

Deeley's Double who hasn't raced yet has good pedigree.

On Thistlecrack - Ignoring the race, that was impressive jumping. Got to be worth a bit of anti-post for the Gold Cup.

That was awesome round of jumping, he really is top class. He jumps like that he probably wins the GC as he just seems to have more ability than every other horse, however there are other top class horses going to be in that so what a race it will be.

Back