• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

I love Thistlecrack to bits. I'm looking forward to another horse serving it up to him over fences, then we really will see how good he is. That should happen at some time over fences unless he's the next Arkle? As for the race itself all it proved was he's a good jumper nothing more.

Horrendous. And there are scumbags out there after refunds FFS.

Not seen the incident but heard all about it. Got to hope that Crowley and Tylicki recover fully after both having fantastic seasons.

Can't believe there are people out there that actually want refunds, i guess though that the bookies have created that atmosphere with various refunds, i'm pretty sure Bet Victor refund if your horse doesn't get a "fair" run like getting left at the start. For me you take that risk when you have the bet and refunds should not be offered.

Giant Bolster retired. Glad to see him bow out safe and sound, what a servant he was.

Dougan won comfortably in Dundalk tonight. So annoying that I couldn't be there.

Fair play Penk for donating £100 to the injured jockey's fund too after Dougan did win. He's got good turf form but he seems that little bit better on the all weather.

Think after today's news though with Tylicki being paralysed from the waist down racing actually takes a back seat and you have to have nothing but admiration for those who ride and work with the horses who put themselves at risk everyday for a sport many love.

I'm not sure there is that much difference other than the gate makes such a difference with the big fields in the class 2 handicaps.

Totally agree, it was an awful accident and such a rare thing on the flat.

Absolutely awful news about Vautour. What a horse. Gutted.

Awful news about Vautour, Avant Tout has been put down also. Was 2nd fav for Hennessey in a couple of weeks. Terrible weekend for Mullins

Why do they put horses down with broken legs? Can they still not keep them for stud, or just rehome them rather than kill them?

When a racehorse breaks it legs it isn't a clean break like humans have. Their bones are lighter and when they break they usually completely shatter. They will never recover, and then due to the size of a horse it will then put enormous pressure on the 3 other legs and will weaken them.

It is kinder to put the horse down than suffer the rest of its life. It has nothing to do with saving money for owners as people in the past have suggested.

Awful news, a great horse on his day and still had everything going for him this year. Terrible few weeks for Mullins.

Sprinter Sacre has been retired with a tendon injury. What a horse!

Simonsig lost his life today, so tough 24hrs for NH.

Horrible. He went down pretty much right in front of me and then I saw Barry tell the lad he'd broken his leg. Heart breaking and it really ruined the day.

Wonderful to get a chance to see Sprinter again. Stunning animal.

It's been a tough couple of weeks for National Hunt racing with Vautour and now Simonsig. At least Sprinter got to go out on a high reclaiming his Champion Chase crown and now i'm just hoping Douvan can be the next top 2m chaser as it's probably the best sight in racing. Maybe Altior in the novice ranks could be top notch too.

Back