• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

I'm gutted!!!

ae26e9e933672483f3d1895dc5f34866.jpg

How good was Thistlecrack yesterday? Laughed at Cue Card who paid for trying to go with him at one stage and only just clung on for second. Don't see how anything beats him in the GC.

Ridiculous engine.

Personally don't think Cue Card is the same animal on good ground, but I can't see how he'd have beaten him regardless.

Comparisons with Kauto and Arkle are far too premature though.

His position in the Gold Cup is a strange one, I'm not inclined to take 5/4, but I wouldn't want to be laying him any higher than that!

Cracking Lexus today too. Wonderful to see Don Poli back at it and Elliott has done a great job with Outlander who was going away from them at the end.

Can see a few of that lot going down to the Ryanair, probably Valseur Lido and Zabana for sure.

Comparisons with Kauto and Arkle are premature but imo he's as good a horse over 3 miles that i've seen. Things can always go wrong but if they don't i think he wins at Cheltenham this year and wins everything next year too.

The other staying chaser at Tizzard's yard though Native River is my favourite of the 3, he's only 6 and he's just won a Hennessy and a Welsh National off top weight. I think he finishes placed in the GC and one day if they do go to the National which i'm sure they will then i think it will take something special to stop him. He likes to be prominent, jumps well, travels well and stays all day. Everything you would want in a national horse.

Oh he's undoubtedly something very special, but he'll need to do as you say to be up at that very highest level. I've seen a few saying he's the best NH horse they've seen, I don't think I'll live to see anything topple Sprinter Sacre, even if they're racing at different distances.

Douvan v Thistlecrack in the King George would be extraordinary and I'm hopeful we'll get to see it.

Nothing has really got near to either of them to see what else is in the tank.

Agreed on Native River, tremendous achievement. So game.

I watched Native River for the first time in the Welsh National and was very impressed with his jumping. Definitely a future GC or National contender.

Josies Orders who's favourite for the Cross Country is out for the season, to be released in the RP tomorrow, but markets remain unchanged so Cantlow looks great value at 8/1. Nice acca booster.

Already out of the betting at PP. Cantlow down to 9/2. Same at Skybet - 4/1

Edit - 7/1 is currently best price at Bet365.

Still 7's with Bet365 and Ladbroke which I think is decent.

7/1 still on Bet365. Not sure I'd be betting on Cantlow at this point though.

Is Altior going to go for the Arkle or the Champion Hurdle?

7/1 still on Bet365. Not sure I'd be betting on Cantlow at this point though.
Decent EW value. Guaranteed to be going there and has won very cosily on both outings so far showing an aptitude for the obstacles.

There have been some classy horses targeted at these races that haven't taken to them so one that seems rejuvenated by them and with form in the book is fair value.

Not liking the itv coverage so far. Chances are most who are watching have seen racing before.

Not liking the itv coverage so far. Chances are most who are watching have seen racing before.

Doesn't mean they understand everything and they still have to cater for those that may be watching for the first time as it's the first show. I think it's been fine from what i've seen.

I dare say it will settle down on the attempt to get a wider audience once they shift it to ITV4 most weekends. At least they've got AP on.

Agreed, Chapman is a total idiot, always has been, always will be, having met him I'm talking from first hand experience.

Have you seen that Kempton Park is to close - being turned into housing. Very sad. Deseret Orchid will be spinning in his grave

Back