• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

Racing goes ahead but the ground sounds desperate. No proper bets for me in that case apart from maybe a tiny ew flutter on Knockara Beau who loves the deep stuff.

No more rain and today's wind it should dry out a bit by the off.

Two surprising results at Cheltenham so far. And I'm back from Stafford ready to watch the rest of today's action.

Djakadam a faller in the Betbright and Smad Place wins. Do they think about the Gold Cup again now and lead with him, looks much better when he does lead.

Hopefully he goes GC as I stupidly bet him antepost for that race after he won the Hennessey.

Hopefully he goes GC as I stupidly bet him antepost for that race after he won the Hennessey.

I think he does now. He has to after that performance and they have to send him out on the lead.

Can't see Smad Palace getting anywhere after the King George.

Nice dilemma for connections to have. Clearly wasn't suited by being held up in the King George.

Can't see Smad Palace getting anywhere after the King George.

Different horse altogether though when he leads, didn't lead in the King George and didn't enjoy it. I don't think he will win the Gold Cup but he has to go there after that.

Has he raced against any real class when leading?

He's not raced against those who head the GC market apart from Djakadam today but he's only lead or been right no the pace 3 times and he's won all 3 times including a Hennessey. I had totally discounted him until today but he has to take his chance now.

Djakadam receiving stitches for a few cuts, otherwise he's fine. Just got a bit close and flicked his hind legs up too far and tipped himself over by the looks of it.

Back