• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

I'm not giving this out as a tip as such, but Cheltenian @ 40/1 in the 3.35 Newbury tomorrow with 5 places is too big to ignore.

Personally think he's in there to ensure Sternrubin and War Sound aren't weighted out of it.

I'll be very disappointed if Sternrubin isn't fighting it out at the end tomorrow. He set at an absolutely savage pace last time out and still dead heated. Rayvin Black who likes to front run was up with him but couldn't hack the pace and faded badly has come out and performed well since.

I don't think there's a prospective Grade 1 performer in this field ala My Tent or Yours or Zarkandar and the last couple of runnings have gone to pace setters.

Waxies Dargle at a big price to go with Sternrubin.

Don't disagree with any of that Nando. Modus and Blazer will be big dangers, my point was Cheltenian is way overpriced, I always look for these type of horses. I don't think he'll win, but am I going to watch him romp home @ 40/1 without backing him? No! Another at a big price is Matorico.

22/1 on some now Ant.
Highly educational this thread for novices like me, appreciate the efforts of you all.

22/1 on some now Ant.
Highly educational this thread for novices like me, appreciate the efforts of you all.

It's one of my bets Stu that I put on prepared for the worst. I hope he sneaks one of the places and if he wins then happy days.

Personally think he's in there to ensure Sternrubin and War Sound aren't weighted out of it.

I'll be very disappointed if Sternrubin isn't fighting it out at the end tomorrow. He set at an absolutely savage pace last time out and still dead heated. Rayvin Black who likes to front run was up with him but couldn't hack the pace and faded badly has come out and performed well since.

I don't think there's a prospective Grade 1 performer in this field ala My Tent or Yours or Zarkandar and the last couple of runnings have gone to pace setters.

Waxies Dargle at a big price to go with Sternrubin.

Gone with Waxies Dargle as well

Zarib for me, cheekpieces added and the race should be run to suit. Wasn't far behind Sternrubin last time and was probably too far back.

Well something clearly not right with Sternrubin there. Faded miles out.

Stake back From Waxies Dargle though so no real damage done.

Winner has done that very nicely indeed.

Or not. Betfair only paying four places the scummy bastards.

Ruby strikes again at the last. Hope the horse is ok but it doesn't look good.

Horse is fine i think Nando, he's up and Ruby was walking away with him. Ruby never convinces me on a horse over fences, just doesn't seem smooth with them especially at the last.

Yeh glad to see him get up. Didn't touch a twig all the way round til the last. Ruby needs to sort himself out though as this is getting ridiculous.

Ruby strikes again at the last. Hope the horse is ok but it doesn't look good.

Horse is fine i think Nando, he's up and Ruby was walking away with him. Ruby never convinces me on a horse over fences, just doesn't seem smooth with them especially at the last.

Nothing new there lads. He's being doing it for years, watch the rerun of Adamant Approach in the Supreme from 2002, 14 long years ago!

Shit day for Gary Moore with Violet Dancer out for the season and now Ar Mad is reportedly lame too.

Compounded by Traffic Fluide getting injured last week.

Ar Mad out for the season which is gutting for Gary Moore but don't think he was near Douvan anyway.

Grand National weights out today, anyone got any fancies for it?

Coral and Betfair offering 5/1 on Annie Power today for new customers. She's 1/20 otherwise.

That's tempting, I don't have an account with Coral.

What's the maximum bet? About £10?

And I bet the enhanced winning would be in free bets too. That's usually how they draw you in but keep you there.

Horrible to see Claret Cloak lost today.

He'd never fallen or unseated in his career and in his first start on the flat he breaks down. Awful.

Back