• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

Shocking from Aspell. A disgrace he didn't pull the poor lad up.

Awful spell of fatalities at the moment. Really putting me off watching.

Ar Mad out for the season which is gutting for Gary Moore but don't think he was near Douvan anyway.

Grand National weights out today, anyone got any fancies for it?

Bet 365 NRNB and BOG, I've gone in today on

Gallant Oscar @ 33/1

The Druids Nephew @ 16/1

Saint Are @ 25/1

I've backed Alvarado months ago, don't think he is good enough to win but he will be running on again at the end. Finding it hard to settle on anything else as Many Clouds looks solid but with it being the GN i have to find something to beat the fav.

Enjoying the racing from Fairyhouse today, if ever you get the chance visit the place. One of my favourite races of the year tomorrow, The Irish National.

Who do you fancy today, Murphy?

Killer Crow interests me after getting balloted out of Cheltenham. Hard to nail one down though given the depth of the race.

Who do you fancy today, Murphy?

Killer Crow interests me after getting balloted out of Cheltenham. Hard to nail one down though given the depth of the race.

Funnily enough I backed Killer Crow a few days ago as soon as I could get NRNB, also Wrath Of Titans. I'll have a few quid on My Murphy as I always do, but I'm afraid I don't give him much chance with his weight, but you never know. Another Hero is one I fear, it is always a very difficult race to find the winner, but a great spectacle.

One more for Killer Crow here - took the 16/1 a few days ago with Coral

He jumps beautifully, likes to be up towards the head of the action which is a bonus for me in the National and Nicholls says he's got him in tip top condition. I would have a slight doubt over the trip, however you never know until he's tried it! He's the class horse in the race afterall.

I ruled out Many Clouds on ground/trip last year and look how that turned out!

Being by Dom Alco (sire of Neptune Collonges) naturally he's a stayer and i should imagine he will stay the 4m 4f pretty well as it's a flat track and easy to get relative to the distance. I think he's too short now to back personally but if someone is on at 25-33/1 then they have a good bet running for them.

Dougan running at Kempton tomorrow, does he win Penk? Looks to have a good chance again on form.

Fingers crossed mate. Plucky Dip looks the main threat to me. Would like to see him on grass soon. I've heard Royal Ascot mentioned if he keeps progressing.

Sir Billy's running at Doncaster on Sunday and hopefully runs well as he's been a bit off form the last twice out.

We have another horse debuting soon, Hazell Berry, which looks promising.

Nice. Cheltenham 2017 or 18?

He's a sprinter, so I'd doubt it. There's a good chance that he'll be going to the big flat festivals though.

There's a very good chance he'll be the first horse in the syndicate to hit 100.

Back