• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

Why would you run him first time over 3 miles in that ground? Madness. Wouldn't be happy if I owned him.

I'm with you there Nando, it's just what happens when so many good horses are all in the same stable.

Don Poli proving again that he stays all day but not sure you can take that form seriously with First Lieutenant and Foxrock so close.

Don Poli proving again that he stays all day but not sure you can take that form seriously with First Lieutenant and Foxrock so close.

Desperate ground today, hard to draw many conclusions. They just hunted round, compare that to the way the King George was run.

Desperate ground today, hard to draw many conclusions. They just hunted round, compare that to the way the King George was run.

Ohh i know it looked hard work for them all, was hoping that Don Poli would be a bit more impressive though and that Cooper will choose him in the Gold Cup.

Some cracking racing today at Newbury, Doncaster and Leopardstown. So many interesting runners at all 3 tracks as i've said before i have keen interest in the pedigrees of horses and there's quite a lot tomorrow to have a look at. Also one of my horses for the festival runs in the Challow, i will be massively disappointed if Barters Hill doesn't win well.

At Leopardstown horses of particular interest have to be Morning Run, No More Heroes and Nichols Canyon. All are odds on though and the ground will be desperate.

Best looking meeting for me has to be Doncaster though, the 12:35 in particular. 3 runners in that really interest me, Go Long (half brother to Wichita Lineman and Rhinestone Cowboy), Beggars Cross (brother to Call The Cops) and Wade Harper (brother to Cole Harden). The mares chase at 2:20 also looks a good one, Kalane looks a chaser, Emily Gray has good form and Ma Filleule is the class act but has been disappointing recently although she didn't stay last time.

Not the biggest fan of the all weather at Southwell but had to be interested by Muhtadim who is a brother to 2000 Guineas winner Makfi. Poor run first time out over 400 days ago and has left Haggas since but being by Dubawi should handle the track. Whether he has any ability though is questionable but 25/1 with Paddy Power seems fair. There's a couple of more horses that interest me at Southwell too but wouldn't want to get to involved in it.

Some cracking racing today at Newbury, Doncaster and Leopardstown. So many interesting runners at all 3 tracks as i've said before i have keen interest in the pedigrees of horses and there's quite a lot tomorrow to have a look at. Also one of my horses for the festival runs in the Challow, i will be massively disappointed if Barters Hill doesn't win well.

At Leopardstown horses of particular interest have to be Morning Run, No More Heroes and Nichols Canyon. All are odds on though and the ground will be desperate.

Best looking meeting for me has to be Doncaster though, the 12:35 in particular. 3 runners in that really interest me, Go Long (half brother to Wichita Lineman and Rhinestone Cowboy), Beggars Cross (brother to Call The Cops) and Wade Harper (brother to Cole Harden). The mares chase at 2:20 also looks a good one, Kalane looks a chaser, Emily Gray has good form and Ma Filleule is the class act but has been disappointing recently although she didn't stay last time.

Not the biggest fan of the all weather at Southwell but had to be interested by Muhtadim who is a brother to 2000 Guineas winner Makfi. Poor run first time out over 400 days ago and has left Haggas since but being by Dubawi should handle the track. Whether he has any ability though is questionable but 25/1 with Paddy Power seems fair. There's a couple of more horses that interest me at Southwell too but wouldn't want to get to involved in it.

Great post slink, I'll watch with interest

No More Heroes is a proper, proper chaser. Got to like Nichols Canyon's attitude - loves a battle. Cracking little battle between him and Identify Thief.

Well Barters Hill won well and he will only get better over 3 miles, i think the Albert Bartlett is perfect for him and it will take a good one to get past him.

2 of the 3 odds on shots in Ireland won well.

Wade Harper and Go Long finished 1st and 2nd in the 12:35 at Doncaster and are both ones to follow imo as is the 3rd Royal Milan. In the mares chase the class act Ma Filleule won it and Emily Gray was second in a good race, Kalane fell when still there but looked like the front 2 were getting away anyway.

Bit of a shame that Muhtadim was a non-runner but i will be looking to see if he is entered at Southwell again and what price he will be.

Thoroughly deserved. Outstanding sportsman.

Ordered tickets today for the Tuesday and Friday of the festival and i can't wait, will be counting down the days.

What a fantastic end to a fantastic year for Shropshire Wolves.

Surely Cole Harden is a solid ew bet tomorrow @ 4/1. I just can't see him out of the first 3.

Village Vic looked really good there. Outside chance for the festival?

Village Vic looked really good there. Outside chance for the festival?

Will probably go for the Brown Advisory Plate and will have a decent chance in that, he's best price 16/1 for that.

Oh and well done with Dougan again yesterday.

I might put a little anti post bet on him.

Cheers mate, looking forward to him running on grass.

Wouldn't like to back anything ante-post without knowing the weights. Possible Ryanair runner too?

Possibly but he's not priced up anywhere for it and i can't see him being good enough.

Back