• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

Great race and finish, 2 horses and jockeys giving it everything, Brennan got 11 day and £4k fine but I doubt he will care (Walsh got 2 days)

Agree with Murphy that I dont think Don Cossack would have necessarily won if he stayed on his feet, he was the first to come under pressure but was grinding it out, no certainty that when Cue Card rallied again after the last he would have responded.

Saying that for the Gold Cup with the extra 2 and a half furlongs plus the hill I think his connections would be the most satisfied of the 3, (he does have a habit of making a big blunder though in the big races).

Vautour usually shows his best form in the spring but I dont think he will make it up the hill, he should have won yesterday when Cue Card ploughed through the last, I cant see him going for the Gold Cup now, especailly when Ricci/Mullins also have Djakadam. I dont know if Cue Card will make it either guts won him that race, not sure if that will be enough in the Gold Cup

Will have to see how Djakadam and Don Poli go tomorrow in the Lexus.

I think Mr Ryanair will be in the winners enclosure in March not sure which one yet though.

On a separate note, Tombstone goes in the 1.45 at Leopardstown today. I had a nibble @ 4/1 last night, I think Nando may have done too. I have high hopes for The Festival for this horse. Today is his acid test.

Looks a very good race, Novice Hurdle yet between them the 10 runners have already won 27 races. Had a few quid on him as well after his run at Downpatrick, (fancy Woodland Opera as well)

Looks a very good race, Novice Hurdle yet between them the 10 runners have already won 27 races. Had a few quid on him as well after his run at Downpatrick, (fancy Woodland Opera as well)

Agree about Woodland Opera, that's who I would back if Tombstone wasn't running. May still have a saver and a reverse forecast. Another horse I follow closely is My Murphy (obviously), he goes in the 2.55 Leopardstown. I'm not saying he'll win but I can see him running his race, he's a nice price and there are 5 places.

Woodland Opera has been put up as a NAP on a racing forum I visit and he's got a serious record.

Arctic Fire declared for the 3m hurdle tomorrow instead of the Ryanair. An absolute embarrassment of riches in that stable.

Nope not having that, who knows what would have happened from there to the line. Everyone thought Vautour had won it, but he hadn't. I've watched the race back a few times, Don Cossack at times looked like he was struggling and his fall looked a tired one to me.

Chased leaders, effort to go 3rd 4 out, soon ridden, took 2nd 2 out and 2 lengths down but staying on when fell 2 out

That's the racing post comment on Don Cossack yesterday. He hit a couple of flat spots and doesn't always jump great but he was staying on and had just got in front of Cue Card and he definitely stays so i think he would have won. In saying that you have to jump your fences and he didn't so the best horse on the day won and i couldn't hold it against Cue Card who is a fantastic horse.

Chased leaders, effort to go 3rd 4 out, soon ridden, took 2nd 2 out and 2 lengths down but staying on when fell 2 out

That's the racing post comment on Don Cossack yesterday. He hit a couple of flat spots and doesn't always jump great but he was staying on and had just got in front of Cue Card and he definitely stays so i think he would have won. In saying that you have to jump your fences and he didn't so the best horse on the day won and i couldn't hold it against Cue Card who is a fantastic horse.

Couldn't disagree with the comments, however both Vautour and Cue Card kept on all the way to the line. So we'll never know, it is always a shame when a horse comes down in those circumstances but as you say the fences have to be jumped.

Un de Sceaux falls and Flemenstar wins!

Wasn't ever jumping well there imo, hoping Sprinter puts in a good performance now.

Ar Mad rallies to get back up and beat Vaniteux which only backs up that Douvan looks an absolute certainty.

Really gutsy from Ar Mad. Could be a tiny field for the Arkle at this rate.

My mate reckons Long Dog is the one to beat so this should be interesting.

What happened to Woodland Opera there?!! Like he was going backwards.

Flair play Long Dog. Just keeps winning.

Real guts from Sprinter Sacre considering the number of breathing problems he's had. Two wonderful horses.

Watching the Long Dog race back, Tombstone looks to be the one to take out of it. Had a bit of a horror passage through.

Real guts from Sprinter Sacre considering the number of breathing problems he's had. Two wonderful horses.

Watching the Long Dog race back, Tombstone looks to be the one to take out of it. Had a bit of a horror passage through.

I agree, I thought Cooper gave Tombstone a poor ride, couldn't get him to settle and got him into trouble, I was screaming at the TV. In hindsight I bet he wishes he had let him go on and join Long Dog up front. Oh well you can't win them all, lets look on the bright side. I hope they don't run him between now and The Festival, we'll get a better price. I'd rather he goes for the Neptune than the Supreme.

Think they'll both be even better over further, particularly LD.

Would love to see him aimed at the Bartlett.

Don't think it'll be long before someone taps Bryan on the shoulder and picks up the phone to Davy.

Never looked like he was going to pick up, conditions look desperate though.

Back