• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

Imperious from Douvan, shame Ttebbob had something wrong that you could see pretty early on imo.

Fair play Cue Card, Colin Tizzard and Paddy Brennan. Vautour cruised along but i'm absolutely certain that Don Cossack wins that if he doesn't fall, he had just got back in front of Cue Card jumping the 2nd last and made a poor error.

Yup. Reeling. Think he's better without Cooper on his back.

Couldn't back either of the front two for the Gold Cup after that.

Just fantastic from my favourite horse. Richly deserved victory for him, now for the Gold Cup. I'm going that day and what I'd give to see him win it. Brennan rides him so well. Cue Card loves Cheltenham and we all thought he hated Kempton, right handed blah blah. He's proved so many people wrong today and I hope he does it again come March.

Keeps my Cue Card, King George and Gold Cup alive although Don Cossack would have won had he stayed on his feet.

Will be interesting to see who has the best stamina for the Cheltenham hill.

Vautour is out of the Gold Cup picture and I'm surprised he's still so short with the bookies.

Keeps my Cue Card, King George and Gold Cup alive although Don Cossack would have won had he stayed on his feet.

Will be interesting to see who has the best stamina for the Cheltenham hill.

Vautour is out of the Gold Cup picture and I'm surprised he's still so short with the bookies.

Yesterdays race was run at a murderous pace, Brennan knew it was and rode Cue Card to perfection. Some very good horses were left trailling. How you and slink can say Don Cossack would have won if he had stood up I'm not too sure. Unless you have crystal balls? It was 2 fences from home, 3 horses giving it everything and who knows. To win the great races you have to jump the fences and be there at the end.

Wouldn't that be the same for Cue Card then?

The end of the race showed that Cue Card had more stamina by reeling Vatour back in. It's all a mute point anyway, if Don Cossack stays on his feet, he'll beat both of them. Need to have a look at Don Poli to see what he's like.

Yesterdays race was run at a murderous pace, Brennan knew it was and rode Cue Card to perfection. Some very good horses were left trailling. How you and slink can say Don Cossack would have won if he had stood up I'm not too sure. Unless you have crystal balls? It was 2 fences from home, 3 horses giving it everything and who knows. To win the great races you have to jump the fences and be there at the end.

Don Cossack had already gone passed Cue Card and was getting stronger, which is why, for me it was his race to lose.

Wouldn't be convinced on Don Cossack given his Cheltenham form but I think he'd have won yesterday if he stayed on his feet
.Road to Riches is the value bet now.

Don Cossack had already gone passed Cue Card and was getting stronger, which is why, for me it was his race to lose.

Nope not having that, who knows what would have happened from there to the line. Everyone thought Vautour had won it, but he hadn't. I've watched the race back a few times, Don Cossack at times looked like he was struggling and his fall looked a tired one to me.

Nope not having that, who knows what would have happened from there to the line. Everyone thought Vautour had won it, but he hadn't. I've watched the race back a few times, Don Cossack at times looked like he was struggling and his fall looked a tired one to me.

Will make the Gold Cup more exciting then, I think you're wearing Cue Card tinted specs though. (-:

Will make the Gold Cup more exciting then, I think you're wearing Cue Card tinted specs though. (-:

For me Cue Card is such an honest brave horse. I think we'll find that come March the Gold Cup winner didn't run in the King George yesterday.

On a separate note, Tombstone goes in the 1.45 at Leopardstown today. I had a nibble @ 4/1 last night, I think Nando may have done too. I have high hopes for The Festival for this horse. Today is his acid test.

Back