• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

Ah crap. Was drifting like a barge for the King George and Gold Cup last night so it seemed like something was up. Hope he's OK

Real shame. Was looking forward to seeing him take on the Irish challengers.

Some horses seem to be destined to burn brightly and briefly. Hope not but he may be one of them.

Real shame. Was looking forward to seeing him take on the Irish challengers.

Some horses seem to be destined to burn brightly and briefly. Hope not but he may be one of them.

Fully agree, hope he recovers.

Two very nice performances for Nicholls today. Le Prezien pays a big compliment to the Yanworth form.

Yanworth is rightly favourite this afternoon, but I'm tempted by a little play on All Set to Go. Nicholls picked him out as possibly his best novice hurdler this season. Won as he liked on debut over timber.

Seabass runs a blinder this afternoon. The Walshs clearly over the moon with him in the paddock afterwards. 20/1! too big a price I thought :). Will be very interesting to see what they do for the rest of the season.

I'm An absolute novice when it comes to horses. Have to ask, having looked through the Kempton meeting odds, and the Gold Cup odds, why is Conti now so unfancied? Hell of a fall from grace

If he turns up in same form as he did in last year's King George he could be considered overpriced for this. He's not being aimed at the Gold Cup this year as far as I'm aware.

I've never taken to the horse in all honesty but I have to admit I took a little bit of the 14s Boyles were offering just after the Betfair. Huge over reaction.

I've also been telling myself for a while that Valseur Lido is a horse on the upgrade and has a big staying chase in him. Mullins has hinted that he's going to rock up in the KG and so I'm going to have to have the courage of my convictions and have a little on at 33-1 (Betfred) before it goes. That said he's got his work cut out in that sort of company.

For me the forgotten horse of the race is Al Ferof. I hate backing ante post and very rarely do it, but I'm on @ 25/1. Conti is a different horse in this race, but he has to turn up in top form this year.

Lexus looks interesting too.

Looks like Djackadam is swerving it, superficially leaving DP and R2R to battle it out although I was very encouraged by the come back run of Sir Des Champs at Thurles.

I've had a small 25/1 for Cue Card to win the King George and the Gold Cup.

The King George looks a cracking race especially now Smad Place is a confirmed runner. Still think the Don will take all the beating over 3m on a flat track, not sure Cheltenham is his track.

I think both the King George and the Gold Cup are going to be the best for years.

I think I'm more excited for the upcoming racing than Christmas.

It is going to be awesome.

I think I'm more excited for the upcoming racing than Christmas.

It is going to be awesome.

Sad Nando but with you on this, it should be something special. It usually is anyway but with the King George line up like it is then it's all set up.

We always go to Dunstall Boxing Day and Dougan's been declared, so it will even better this year, especially if he wins.

The wife would seasonally adjust my baubles if I gave her the real reason why I'm looking forward to Xmas so much this year.

Leopardstown meeting is an absolute feast. Even more so than usual in fact.

Stuff the turkey. Bring on the hosses!

We always go to Dunstall Boxing Day and Dougan's been declared, so it will even better this year, especially if he wins.

He looks to have a cracking chance in that contest.

Back