• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

I must admit I was looking A Hare Breath before I went online and read it had been tipped in a few places.

Going for One Track Mind and Sausilito Sun (plus a punt on Aachen in same race) as well

What a farce of a start in the 1.10. They should be ashamed of themselves

Everywhere I look this morning A Hare Breath is all the rage. Making this race wide open for an each way play. If Solstice Star can make the step up I think he could be the one.

What a lovely brave horse. Killian Moore is a jockey to keep your eye on too.

Everywhere I look this morning A Hare Breath is all the rage. Making this race wide open for an each way play. If Solstice Star can make the step up I think he could be the one.

:tiphat:

I must admit I was looking A Hare Breath before I went online and read it had been tipped in a few places.

Going for One Track Mind and Sausilito Sun (plus a punt on Aachen in same race) as well

Well done Donegal, I'm having a great day now today :). All the winners are on here if people care to read.

Any Currency with a magnificent record around here.

I back him - hard driven before half way and finishes miles back. Love it.

Happy with Blaklion getting a win on the board. Just a shame I couldn't keep tabs on this thread all day. Cracking shout Murphy on Solstice Star and Donegal with Aachen. Good to see this thread being used more now and i think throughout the season there will be plenty of winners put up in here.

Some good flat racing in Hong Kong early in the morning. Flintshire is trying to win the HK Vase for the second year in a row, think Mikki Isle is overpriced in the sprint, so are Mondialiste and Esoterique in the mile and i really hope Military Attack wins the HK cup, followed him since he started his career over here in 2011 when he was called Rave.

Was away for the weekend so only just catching up, well done lads on Blaklion and Solstice Star

Was well please after a 6hr car journey to see Aachen had won, paid for a good bit of the weekend.

Next couple of weeks should be entertaining, some good races coming up between Kempton and Lepordstown plus a few others thrown in.

Did anyone see Aidan O'Brien's young chaser Edwulf at Navan yesterday? Absolutely cruising it in some fairly smart company and walked through the last. That will surely win a race shortly.

Twiston Davies will ride Old Guard in the Champion Hurdle rather than The New One.

Tomorrow's racing post carrying quotes from Gary Moore to the effect that Ar Mad will be aimed at Arkle after all and in spite of reservations about going left handed.

Owners obviously have had a word...

28/1 Stan James.

Couldn't even think about backing him could you if you go on what Gary Moore said after the Henry VIII. He was adamant that he doesn't go left handed.

But where would they go with him otherwise? The handicapper's already had his say and his time at Sandown indicates he's pretty much a G1 animal already....Punchestown? Ascot?

I'd love to see him let loose round Kempton.

No idea, if they know he doesn't go left handed though then there is no point sending him to Cheltenham. So they have to look at the other options surely but like you say if the owners want to go to the Arkle then that's where he goes, can't see him winning though.

Talking of which looks like L'Ami Serge won't be resurfacing until new year after a couple of setbacks.

Looked every inch a chaser in the making last season I thought and had a tricky passage in the Supreme.

He's also had surgery for the now renowned trapped epilogitis.

Tomorrow's racing post carrying quotes from Gary Moore to the effect that Ar Mad will be aimed at Arkle after all and in spite of reservations about going left handed.

Owners obviously have had a word...

28/1 Stan James.

28s gone, 16s now with SJ. Biggest price now 20s with 365.

Back