• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

Superb run from Smad Place there.

Awesome. Seriously impressive. Jumped like a stag.

Cracking win. I've been following him since he was a novice hurdler, so good to see.

Just watched Tombstone win at Down Royal, one for the trackers for sure, what an imposing horse.

Went in again yesterday easily, only 5/4 but a winner is a winner. I've a feeling we are going to hear a lot more of this horse, get him on your trackers. Festival bound I would think.

Newbury was a write off for me yesterday. I bet on 4 races and only managed a place from them. I believe the conditions were the softest they had seen for many years.

Cracking duel between Long Dog and Bachasson there. Two very smart looking novices.

Long Dog should never have been 1/2 to Bachasson's 11/4 given what they've achieved so far - but he's just got the job done.

Two more fallers for me today. Bloody annoying as my other two won and placed.

Lake View Lad and Octagon were the culprits. One fell and one was brought down.

Good day at Newbury on Saturday, very cold though

3 winners, Tea in Transvaal (very impressive) Aloomomo (nice run) and Thistlecrack (extremely impressive run)

Came home in front which is always nice, the wife even had a winner too

Looking forward to Saturday, the Tingle Creek (what a horse he was) will be fascinating, great racing at Aintree too.

Looking forward to Saturday, the Tingle Creek (what a horse he was) will be fascinating, great racing at Aintree too.

Un De Sceaux surely wins the Tingle Creek is he gets round, he looks far too good for them all but hopefully Simonsig can build on his reappearance. The Becher and the Grand Sefton look interesting but don't really fancy anything too much right now.

UDS over the railway fences is either going to be breathtaking or scary!

Special Tiara is a big price but haven't looked to see how he handles soft ground.

UDS over the railway fences is either going to be breathtaking or scary!

Special Tiara is a big price but haven't looked to see how he handles soft ground.

I'm going for breathtaking.

Special Tiara has won on soft at Kempton but has been beaten a decent way anytime the ground is anywhere near heavy and was beat over 50 lengths last time when the ground looked a lot worse than the described yielding to soft. Somersby at 20s worth a shout to run into a place.

You know its not going to be your day, when the horse you backed jumps the last 3 length in front (and going away from its only challenger)

and the jockey falls off on the flat...

Just seen that! Absolute shocker!

A lad at work had one several lengths clear and then fall at the last yesterday.

Back