• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

I see Smad Place is currently down for the Cheltenham Gold Cup (14/1 @ PP). What do you reckon his chances are? If he jumps the way he did at Newbury last weekend then it's got to be quite a good one.

I imagine they'll run him at Cheltenham at some point between now and then.

He's being aimed at the Denman at Cheltenham in January as a prep for the Gold Cup.

He's in there with a shot as he's rated 168 now - but it's lining up to be one of the best races of all time.

Coneygree, Don Cossack, Vautour, Djakadam, Road to Riches, Cue Card and Don Poli and then some more than decent filler in there too.

It's going to be awesome if they all get there fit and well.

He was exceptional at the weekend,

I'd probably say it's worth a little flutter as you can pretty much guarantee he'll stay the distance. I doubt any of the above will line up at Cheltenham in January, possibly Coneygree aside, and he'll only get shorter if he wins that.

You can have doubts over Don Cossack's course form and whether or not Vautour will truly stay too. Cue Card has never been tried at Gold Cup distance either.

Yeah I've had an e/w bet on him.

Don Poli beats Many Clouds and another horse puts forward his claims for the Gold Cup. Good race that even though there were only ever those 2 really in it.

Gary Moore has his horses in great form, Sire De Grugy wins the Tingle Creek. Another great race.

6 from 6 at Sandown. Unbelievable!

Happy to see SDG even if I think placings should have been reversed. Should have had a tipple on Special Tiara too when i mentioned him earlier on here!

6 from 7 in the end as Leo Luna got beat in the last.

You should have Nando ran a great race but i disagree that the placings should have been reversed. Special Tiara still had time to go by once they were both going in a straight line again and got to at least half a length down but at the line the winning distance was a length and SDG was going away.

6 from 7 in the end as Leo Luna got beat in the last.

You should have Nando ran a great race but i disagree that the placings should have been reversed. Special Tiara still had time to go by once they were both going in a straight line again and got to at least half a length down but at the line the winning distance was a length and was SDG was going away.

Fully agree slink, surely a horse jinking at a fence is part of racing? Sire De Grugy won fair and square.

Fair enough lads. Looks to me like he completely took the wind out of him. ST was flying into the final fence.

I want to pile into Ptit Zig today but Nicholls isn't firing at all at the moment. Rather concerning.

Fair enough lads. Looks to me like he completely took the wind out of him. ST was flying into the final fence.

I want to pile into Ptit Zig today but Nicholls isn't firing at all at the moment. Rather concerning.

With you on Ptit Zig Nando, i think he should win but Nicholls not firing in as many winners in the last few days.

The John Durkan should be a good race too and then the return of Pont Alexandre over fences.

Djakadam impressive in the John Durkan.

Ptit Zig never jumped a fence and looked to be up against it when falling at the last, Al Ferof looked good though.

Super performance.

Worrying from Ptit Zig. Not sure where they'll go with him now. Hope he's OK in the long term as that was a nasty fall.

Any views on the next 2 days at Cheltenham?

I'm sure Blaklion will win races over fences but that looks a decent little race and i think Vieux Lion Rouge looks sure to go close too but that also looks a hot race. Good racing today, competitive with plenty to keep your eye on. Not really looked at Saturday yet.

Minella Rocco shaped like 3m would be his game on his chasing debut. It's a hot race though so I'm not sure I want to get involved.

Any Currency off levels in the Cross Country has to be of interest too. Was beaten by Josies Orders lto but has a 23lb pull in the weights this time round.

Everywhere I look this morning A Hare Breath is all the rage. Making this race wide open for an each way play. If Solstice Star can make the step up I think he could be the one.

Back