• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

Apparently he destroyed Hargam in a piece of work over 12f last weekend. He's been pretty much fit for the best part of six months now, although I take anything Henderson says with a massive pinch of salt.

Not a fan of Purple Bay. No bet race for me - just hope a top class animal is back and firing.

Yeah but Henderson keeps saying Sprinter is back to his best and he never will be. Only reason why i think Purple Bay is probably the bet if there is one is because you don't know what Simonsig is any more, Bob's Worth isn't the horse he was and over hurdles and 2m4f i can't see him being good enough, Royal Boy was allowed to be sold for £8000 despite being a grade 1 winner which can't be good and Commissioned isn't as good as Purple Bay. Will be interesting to see how the market goes but like you would like to see Simonsig back to his best.

Well that's what makes racing a great sport, love Bob's Worth but couldn't have him and he goes and wins.

Coneygree is a proper animal though, saunters round at Sandown for a top quality reappearance. Gold Cup will be a great race if they all turn up.

The novice chase at Carlisle today will be one to keep an eye on in the future. Three cracking staying prospects.

Sad news from the racing world today - Pat Eddery has passed away aged 63.

Fantastic record and career

What a shame...It was him, his brother Paul, Lester Piggot and Willie Carson that got me interested in Horse Racing, such a fantastic jockey. RIP

RIP Pat Eddery.
Thanks for the memories, and the winnings.

Always my favourite jockey in a time of greats; Eddery, Carson, Piggot, Cauthern, Starkey, Mercer

Off to Uttoxeter on Saturday for my yearly trip

G'wan More of That!

Great to see him back and a pretty much faultless, economical round of jumping.

Any plans with him Penk? or just him going on the all weather and see how far he can go?

The black aeroplane is back. Some performance from Sprinter Sacre and now hopefully he can stay sound.

Now the machine is beaten, Faugheen didn't look great under pressure there.

The black aeroplane is back. Some performance from Sprinter Sacre and now hopefully he can stay sound.

Now the machine is beaten, Faugheen didn't look great under pressure there.

Was great to see him back, as you say hopefully will stay sound.
A long way to go and a lot could happen before then but a back to near his best Sprinter Sacre against Un De Seceaux could be some race next March

Dougan's half sister Rouge Noir makes her debut tomorrow at Kempton in the 5:25. Manson will probably go off favourite and has very good form and he's a half brother to Jack Hobbs. Cumani also runs War Story who is a half brother to 2 horses that have been rated over 100. Could be a race to keep an eye on.

Dougan's half sister Rouge Noir makes her debut tomorrow at Kempton in the 5:25. Manson will probably go off favourite and has very good form and he's a half brother to Jack Hobbs. Cumani also runs War Story who is a half brother to 2 horses that have been rated over 100. Could be a race to keep an eye on.

She's very short for a horse making it's debut.

She's very short for a horse making it's debut.

Yeah she is, Manson disappointed last time or i think he would be odds on but will be interesting to see how that market goes tomorrow. She's obviously well bred though and should be right there.

Looking forward to seeing the return of Moyle Park and Sir Des Champs today.

Back