• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

Ran well into third. Thought it was going to win at one point.

In a wide open race at Ascot tomorrow @ 3.25 I'm having a stab at Le Reve

Cracking looking race that. Double Ross may interest at a price.

Top quality weekend of racing ahead. Delighted the jumps are back.

I sat watching At The Races this afternoon and thought to myself, how can anyone prefer this to flat?

I love watching horses progress from bumpers to hurdles to chasing.

Ptit Zig is my favourite horse in training after following him from juvenile hurdles through to beimg a high class chaser. I don't get that with the flat - you get a top horse for two or three years if you're lucky.

Ptit Zig is my favourite horse in training after following him from juvenile hurdles through to beimg a high class chaser. I don't get that with the flat - you get a top horse for two or three years if you're lucky.

It's all about what you prefer isn't it. I like the fact that you can follow horses through like you say from bumpers to hurdles to chases sometimes and they are around for years but i like the flat equally because i like to look at the pedigrees and i do a lot of betting from those.

Dougan's pedigree is decent, son of Dutch Art, as is Sir Billy son of High Chapparal.

I just love horse racing, always have done ever since I was a kid. They are such beautiful animals with so much character, they and dogs just make life worth living sometimes.

I prefer it to football now. I do like the jumps, but much prefer the flat.

I find there is more excitement in the flat as it's usually pretty open until close to the line, where jumps are quite often over with two fences to go.

Dougan's pedigree is decent, son of Dutch Art, as is Sir Billy son of High Chapparal.

It is. I had a look the other day when you mentioned it and it's a half brother to Speedfiend who was 4th a Middle Park a few years ago. His dam is a half sister to Bounty Box and Bahamian Box who were both decent too.

It is. I had a look the other day when you mentioned it and it's a half brother to Speedfiend who was 4th a Middle Park a few years ago. His dam is a half sister to Bounty Box and Bahamian Box who were both decent too.

The guy who runs the syndicate really knows what he is doing. He tends to go for good pedigree horses that were originally top dollar, but sold off cheap for one reason or another before it races.

We have a filly that will be racing from January, but haven't seen what her pedigree is yet.

People say it's expensive to run race horses, but if you're involved with someone who is in the know and knows what he is doing, it actually makes you money rather than costs you.

The guy who runs the syndicate really knows what he is doing. He tends to go for good pedigree horses that were originally top dollar, but sold off cheap for one reason or another before it races.

We have a filly that will be racing from January, but haven't seen what her pedigree is yet.

People say it's expensive to run race horses, but if you're involved with someone who is in the know and knows what he is doing, it actually makes you money rather than costs you.

That's definitely a good way of doing things because with those good pedigrees there is usually something in there. Had a look and Dougan was sold for 130,000 guineas in November 2013 because of that pedigree.

When you do know the pedigree let me know.

This is it with me as well, you can watch them year on year, you get to have an affinity with them, also I think at the top end flat racing you get the impression that it is just more pure business for the multi-millionaires (it wins 2 big races how much can we make of the stud fees) whilst jumps is more down to earth and riskier for the owner.

But not knocking the flat as Slink says its all about what you prefer.

In a wide open race at Ascot tomorrow @ 3.25 I'm having a stab at Le Reve

Might throw a few wuid at Leo Luna in this. Got a bit to make up with most of the field but stays all day and as you say it's wide open.

Easy peasy. Won as he should against that lot.

Really impressed by Ptit Zig too.

Back