• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

Ballydoyle impressive in the first. Antonoe well beaten but don't think she ran to her form in her first 2 races.

What a performance by Covert Love, from the front and gave it all to see off Jazzi Top.

Thoughts for the Arc?

Showing myself up for my non existent knowledge of flat racing with my tip! Gah.

What a ride from Dettori!! Backed Flintshire at 20/1 so not too gutted but i thought he may have had it for a minute but Golden Horn just quickened away.

The more you see of it the more genius a ride it gets, Frankie is still class and Golden Horn had the class to respond. A few scoffed at the 130 mark he got and said he was nowhere near Frankel but he deserves every mark he gets after winning the Derby and the Arc in the same season, fantastic horse.

Awesome stuff! Flintshire is such an admirable horse too.

Flintshire is, he always seems to give his running and on fast ground he's right up there. Would be fantastic to see him again next year.

Antonoe fractured her pelvis, so that explains her poor run. Not life threatening, thankfully.

Really excited for the National Hunt season - I think we're in for an absolute belter.

A couple ofearly season Cheltenham fancies:

Martello Tower, World Hurdle @ 20/1 - Absolutely dour stayer, connections seemingly preferring to stay hurdling for this year.

Apache Stronghold, Ryanair @ 33/1 - Horse's perfect trip and assuming Vautour and Don Cossack go the Gold Cup route, there's not much to split a few of the rest. No chance that AS should be more than double the price of Valesur Lido. If Vautour ends up dropping back in trip it's a no contest, but he's worth a poke at those odds.

Looked at Cheltenham yesterday and going to stick a couple of quid on:

Arkle - Douvan
Champion Chase - Un De Sceaux
Champion Hurdle - Faugheen
Ryan Air - Vatour
World Hurdle - Annie Power

378/1

Coolmore have more superstars on their hands again by the looks of it. Minding won easily yesterday but Air Force Blue today looks like the real deal and even Moore thinks he is.

Away from that a lot of my betting is based on pedigrees as well as form and there were a few interesting horses introduced in France yesterday. One that won was Estikmaal who is a half brother to Make Believe who won the French Guineas this year and the Foret on Arc weekend. He could be one to look out for next year.

If anyone is interested Gosden had a daughter of Dar Re Mi win at Windsor today called So Mi Dar and could be one to follow next year.

Also tomorrow in France Apple Berry runs in the 2:25 at Deauville, she is a full sister to Magician and was 3rd behind Antonoe earlier in the season. The second in that race has won since and then finished 3rd behind Ballydoyle in the Marcel Boussac, Apple Berry has won since and so has the 4th. Early price up on Paddy Power of 6/1 looks too big to me.

Thought Apple Betty would run better than she did today, it was very soft ground but disappointed by the run. Would still keep her on side though as i think she is capable of better.

Yeah 5th out of 7. I had a little flutter on it.

Novice Chase at Cheltenham tomorrow looked like a potential cracker after the 5 day decs, but its cut up pretty badly now unfortunately.

What makes you think that? Interested why not questioning you.

Ballyalton, Garde la Victoire, Parlour Games, & Bristol de Mai were all entered on Monday and they've all been taken out now.

Penglai Pavilion, 5th in the Arc two years ago runs in the Neptune tomorrow! He's looked handy in his first two starts over timber.

Ballyalton, Garde la Victoire, Parlour Games, & Bristol de Mai were all entered on Monday and they've all been taken out now.

Ah right, I looked at the race and only saw 4 horses running and wondered what was special.

Can't not back Vintage Vinnie in the 3.55 at Cheltenham today.

Absolutely bolted up last time out and the second and fourth have won since.

On its arse when travelling OK if not jumping too smoothly. Will stick with him next time out as that last performance was exceptionally good.

Back