• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

The Fly has never come up against such a multitude of talent in one race. A worthy favourite for now, but I will be taking him on. The 9/1 for OC a couple of weeks ago was too big to ignore.

What are your thoughts folks for the Gold Cup and the World Hurdle? For me, Silviniaco Conti in the Gold Cup (thought he would have won last year), and More Of That (if he runs - JP has At Fisher's Cross as well).

I admit i wasn't convinced by Annie Power a the start of the season but if she rocks up in the World Hurdle then i think she will take some beating, if she doesn't then Zarkandar for me and that's if he goes for it. If the Bobs Worth that turned up in the Lexus turns up on Gold Cup day then he doesn't lose for me, loves every inch of the 3m2f110y trip and loves that hill. He probably won't be going aswell as some of the others 2 or 3 out but i think he'll come home better than them all.

I love Saphir Du Rheu - about the only horse this season who's won me decent money! - but surely he won't run in the World Hurdle because he's trained by Nicholls?? I'm tempted to bet on The Giant Bolster, his record on the New Course is very good. Think he wore headgear last time, be interesting to see if it works again.

Certify, favourite for the 1000 Guineas last year until she was banned as part of the Al Zarooni scandal absolutely hacks up in the Cape Verdi at Meydan. She didn't do a lot when she hit the front but looked so easy for her.

What are your thoughts folks for the Gold Cup and the World Hurdle? For me, Silviniaco Conti in the Gold Cup (thought he would have won last year), and More Of That (if he runs - JP has At Fisher's Cross as well).

I think the Gold Cup is wide open. I'm not convinced with Bobs Worth this season and doubt the form of last years race now. However I'm on Cue Card @ 25/1 so that'll do for me and I hope Silviniaco Conti stands up this year. A lively outsider is Rubi Ball, who Walsh looks like riding so will go off a lot shorter than he is now.

As for the World Hurdle, I think More Of That will swerve it, At Fishers Cross is now firmly on course to run. Who knows what you'll get with Big Bucks so he's too short. Annie Power I think will head for the Champion as I think Ricci will bring his feelings forward. At the end of the day you don't get many shots at the Champion Hurdle with a top class horse. Therefore I feel there's a massive amount of value to be had with NRNB with question marks over the top 2.

BetVictor are now NRFB on all races at the festival. Apart from the 4 championship races where they're NRNB

Seriously impressive from Last Instalment in the Hennessey with Tidal Bay running on to get 2nd.

Agreed Slink. Jumped brilliantly - if it's soft at Cheltenham, Bob's Worth etc. will have a race on their hooves! So glad he's back!

Delighted to see that. Was a tremendous novice.

Potentially superb day of racing ahead, assuming it beats the weather.

Watching Un de Scheaux yesterday and learnt nothing new again.

What's peoples thoughts for the champion hurdle? Could be a wildcard in the big shoot-out.

Watching Un de Scheaux yesterday and learnt nothing new again.

What's peoples thoughts for the champion hurdle? Could be a wildcard in the big shoot-out.

I'm on Annie Power @ 33/1 NRFB in the champion and 7/1 NRNB in the world hurdle, so obviously I hope she turns up in the champion. Apart from that I'll wait till the day now as the prices seem short enough to me in the champion. Who knows what the ground will be like and what effect it will have.

Captain Chris was imperious yesterday.

As for the Champion, God knows. Got a little on Our Conor but only because the drift to 9/1 was too much to ignore.

Interested in Annie if she runs here, otherwise I fancy The New One to come out on top but agree that the price is short enough now. Usually in the few days prior to the festival there are plenty of enhanced prices about so will keep an eye out for TNO drifting to 4s or 5s.

Still The New One for me in the Champion but it really is wide open when you look at it. Will be interesting to see what the ground will be like at Cheltenham, i'm not a fan of soft ground as so many aren't suited to it at all.

Really pleased to see Dunguib win today, he's deserved that and i will definitely be looking to see where he goes next especially if he goes to the festival.

Interesting interview with David Walsh this morning following latest drug scandal, aimilarities in attitude of horse racing authorities and cycling in the late 90's. Pointed out number of flaws/gaps in drug testing in

Back