• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

Any ideas in the big one tomorrow? No help from the bookies!

I think The Liquidator looks a good price, he's a smart horse and i'm not sure the rest of them have the potential to be top class whereas he does.

I'm tempted to go balls out on Big Bucks. He's going to be no price if he wins the Cleeve.

I'm on at 4's and 11/4 and may go in again at 5/2 before the Cleeve Hurdle. Looking at the opposition (if they turn up) then you have Annie Power which the owner prefers the Champion, More of That was hinted at by Jonjo as not to go for the race, Boston Bob nowhere in the same class as Big Bucks, At Fisher's Cross has followed it's family history it seems by being a very good novice but then seems to lose the plot.

I always have a savour and that would be Zarkander at 18/1, you can see by it's runs this year it's now needs the step up in trip and on good ground could prove very dangerous.

St Nicholas Abbey has passed away.

So sad to hear St Nic lost his brave fight for life, especially as I thought he was over the worst of it.

I'm on at 4's and 11/4 and may go in again at 5/2 before the Cleeve Hurdle. Looking at the opposition (if they turn up) then you have Annie Power which the owner prefers the Champion, More of That was hinted at by Jonjo as not to go for the race, Boston Bob nowhere in the same class as Big Bucks, At Fisher's Cross has followed it's family history it seems by being a very good novice but then seems to lose the plot.

I always have a savour and that would be Zarkander at 18/1, you can see by it's runs this year it's now needs the step up in trip and on good ground could prove very dangerous.

Fair to say the Hurdle is the better race this year? Impossible to pick a winner!

St Nicholas Abbey has passed away.

What a horse, such a shame when he was actually recovering he gets colic for a second time. One of those horses i think that everyone loved.

Last Instalment has been declared for the 2.45 at Thurles. Looks like a potentially good race.

Last Instalment has been declared for the 2.45 at Thurles. Looks like a potentially good race.

Was impressed with that run being it was after such a long lay off, you always worry if they will come back and hold the same ability.

Does anyone build up an antepost Cheltenham portfolio? I always build up one with profits from winnings so was going to post them on here as along as no one doesn't have any objections?

Ok my Cheltenham portfolio of ante-post bets are below. I have put the points next to each bet and also the odds I have taken.

Supreme Novices

West Wizard 3/4pt e/w 16/1
Moyle Park 1pt e/w 16/1
Liquidator 3/4pt e/w 16/1

Arkle

Champagne Fever 2pt win 5/1
Felix Younger 1.5pt win 7/1
Rock on Ruby 1pt e/w 12/1
Grandeout 1pt e/w 10/1

Champion Hurdle

Annie Power 1/2pt e/w 40/1
Jezki 1pt e/w 8/1

Neptune Novices

Faugheen 3/4pt e/w 16/1
Faugheen 5pts win 9/2 - NAP, NAP, NAP AND NAP

RSA Chase

Don Cossack 1pt e/w 16/1
Morning Assembly 1pt e/w 12/1

Champion Bumper

Royal Caviar 1pt e/w 20/1
Modus 1pt e/w 12/1

Jewson Novices

Tarquin De Suil 1pt e/w 12/1

Ryanair Chase

Al Ferof 2pt win 6/1

World Hurdle

Big Bucks 3pt win 4/1
Big Bucks 2.5pt win 11/4
Zarkander 1pt e/w 12/1

Triumph Hurdle

Fox Norton .5pts e/w 25/1
Royal Irish Hussar .5pts 33/1

Albert Bartlett

Kings Palace 2pts win 9/2
Clondaw Court .5pts e/w 33/1

Gold Cup

Bobsworth 5/2 3.5pts win
Bobsworth 2/1 3.5pts win

Really can't wait now, the best week of the year bar none.

I want to have Raya Star in the Grand Annual but wasn't priced up anywhere so spoke to William Hill and they will only give me 16/1 was hoping near 25/1 mark. A classy sort that isn't quite up to Arkle standard but loves a big packing field and with Alan King stating this is it's target then I will be all over it.

Tips for the weekend;

1:50 Ascot - Carole's Spirit - being following this mare for awhile now and has won all 3 races this season very nicely and beat some nice sorts last time out. A real progressive sort that can complete a four timer and bounce on to Cheltenham for the mares hurdle. Price should be around the 3/1 mark, get on early.

3:35 Ascot - Hidden Cyclone - A horse I really love and a classy sort that fully deserves to win a grade 1 race having gone very close last time out coming 2nd to Benneficant and beating the high class Arvika Legionaire in 3rd. Also ran a very good 3rd in the Paddy Power after travelling much the best horse until it made a mistake. At 7/2 I would rather be on him than Sire De Gruggy at 5/4

I've said it every year, but Gold Cup day is my favourite day of the year.

I don't have a portfolio as I don't have the resources to justify it. I usually just put a few speculative acca's. Big Buck's absence last year potentially cost me a fair whack.

I think Sire De Grugy will win comfortably on Saturday too.

Some really good racing tomorrow and some interesting horses running. Really interested to see how Ptit Zig goes along with a horse he beat in France making his debut in Britain Un Temps Pour Tout. Most interesting runner for me though is in the 1:00 o'clock at Naas and that is Dunguib, i'll never forget the way he ran away with the bumper at the festival in 2009.

I've taken the 3/1 on offer tonight with paddypower for Sire De Grugy in the Champion Chase NRNB.

I'm not sure he'll run in it but I had a small go on Captain Conan at 33/1 on Betfair. He's beaten Sire de Grugy over two miles at Cheltenham before! Big price if he lines up!

Here's a nice patent for the festival, NRNB with Bet365 for small stakes so if any don't show no damage done.

Melodic Rendevous (Champion Hurdle) 20/1

Hidden Cyclone (Ryanair Chase) 10/1

Zarkandar (World Hurdle) 10/1

Anyone seen the big betting coup going on today with good old Barney Curley? Decent prices last night being backed in multiples could take the bookies for a large one yet again. The first two horses have both won now two to go at Kempton with the bookies shitting themselves cutting both horses to odds on.

Back