• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

Worrying stuff on Morning Line re lack of interest from authorities in Ireland testing for drug abuse. Loved Dunguib and Last Instalment, now if they win at Cjeltenham will be horrific consequences for our sport. How widespread is this problem I wonder?? PS think BOG Best Odds Guaranteed (if SP bigger than price taken)

Fully agree, fact it was ministry of agriculture who uncovered it and not irish turf and it took them 2 yrs after the event to be informed is shocking. Needs somebody like walsh did in cycling to start digging and stirring before racing will acknowledge there is a problem with some trainers.

Mug punting acca beaten at the first hurdle. Good stuff.

Sprinter Sacre drifting like a barge on the exchanges. Matched at 3 on Betfair.

Now confirmed SS will not run at the festival, just takes a bit away from the whole thing for me. Sire De Grugy should win the Champion Chase.

Cue Card out now too. Turning into a bit of a damp squib barring the Champion Hurdle.

Faugheen and especially Vautour looking very weak on the exchanges too. Apparently, at a few of the festival previews, there's been little confidence in Vautour, Patrick Mullins picked out Wicklow Brave instead.

Paddy make it 2 firms now that are NRNB on all races.

Last edited:
Excellent. PP is my main account.

Excellent. PP is my main account.

They have a good offer running for The Supreme as well Bear. But a lot of offers will come out over the next 10 days or so. So don't rush in all at once.

Really looking forward to the festival now, Sprinter Sacre and Cue Card might not be there but it's still looking a pretty good festival and lots of decent races and hopefully winners to be had.

It was interesting following the Ladbrokes festival preview last night on twitter particularly that Rich Ricci told Henry De Bromhead that he wants to run Annie Power in the Champion but thinks Willie will try to fob him off and send her to Aintree. On top of that Davy Russell said that Trifolium is the best jumper of a fence he has ever sat on and really fancies him for the Arkle.

Had a little Sunday flutter, I've got Jason McGuire to thank for a nice little win in the 4.00. Horse didn't jump at all and he's somehow got him up. Superb.

Just watching some of the schooling on ATR with Willie Mullins horses and RSA favourite Ballycasey really doesn't jump well and eventually falls.

Annie Power confirmed in the World Hurdle.

I can't help but feel it would be different if they didn't have Hurricane Fly in the Champion. Are they that confident about HF or do they think AP would beat him and want to give him the best chance.

I can't help but feel it would be different if they didn't have Hurricane Fly in the Champion. Are they that confident about HF or do they think AP would beat him and want to give him the best chance.

This leaves a sour taste in my mouth slink. I will look at Mullins in a different light from now on. I never wish defeat on any horse, but if The Fly gets beaten I'll have a wry smile on my face, as Mullins will have to wonder if only.

He's left himself open to lots of criticism that's for sure, if HF doesn't win the Champion then all the pressure is on AP to win the World and although she has looked good over 2m4f will she stay the 3m well enough as i think she looks to have lots of speed. In all fairness i think she probably does stay and will probably win as i don't think Big Bucks is the horse he was but i'd have liked to have seen her go for the Champion purely for the good of racing. Now she's going for the World Hurdle i'm all over The New One for the Champion.

He's left himself open to lots of criticism that's for sure, if HF doesn't win the Champion then all the pressure is on AP to win the World and although she has looked good over 2m4f will she stay the 3m well enough as i think she looks to have lots of speed. In all fairness i think she probably does stay and will probably win as i don't think Big Bucks is the horse he was but i'd have liked to have seen her go for the Champion purely for the good of racing. Now she's going for the World Hurdle i'm all over The New One for the Champion.

I hope she wins the World Hurdle hard held. She's a lovely mare and deserved her place in the Champion, but Mullins has taken that away. I'm tempted to go all in on The Fly as if he wins I win. If he loses I can take solace in Mullins excuses. I usually stick up for all things Irish at the Festival due to my connections, on this occasion, probably for the first time ever I won't be.

Back