• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

Well done Penk, glad Carraig Mor won and he looks like a nice prospect. Gutted Tanerko Emery blundered the last 2 fences as i felt without one of them he would have won. Not seen Tweed's run at Newmarket but apparently hacked up so could follow in Harris Tweeds footsteps.

Very impressive hurdling debut from Oscar Rock too.

Well done Penk, glad Carraig Mor won and he looks like a nice prospect. Gutted Tanerko Emery blundered the last 2 fences as i felt without one of them he would have won. Not seen Tweed's run at Newmarket but apparently hacked up so could follow in Harris Tweeds footsteps.

Hacked up is correct, with two places and a win I've got a no lose situation with Shamshon tonight. If he goes down I'll show a 1 point profit on the day. Wish I could do that every day.

Carraig Mor lead the race from start to finish and win comfortably.

Tanerko Emery was part of the best race of the day and had it not been the last two fences he'd have won. Great race though.

Tidal Bay still loves it! What a horse.

Agreed Nando, what a horse!! Fantastic ride from STD aswell to get him there just in time.

Really looking forward to the Breeders Cup tonight and hoping the British and Irish challengers have a good night as it's been a good 24 hours or so for British trained horses. London Bridge, Outstrip and Chriselliam all won at the Breeders Cup last night then Ruscello and Side Glance both won in Australia.

At the Breeders, i'm hoping both Dank and The Fugue get clear runs as with them i think they will win. Not sure about Olympic Glory as these are conditions he has never faced before and in the big one i'm seriously thinking of backing Declaration Of War to beat Game On Dude etc.. as he is a genuine Group 1 horse in Europe and is bred to go on the Dirt.

I'm on Declaration Of War. A nice price I feel. The Fugue is too short for me but can see her winning with a clear run as you say slink.

Dank wins the filly and mare turf, didn't all go her way but she was much better than the rest of them.

Really enjoyed the Breeder's Cup, could not believe Dank won after pulling so hard. Incredible run from Magician, didn't think he'd stay being out of a Mozart mare, but he flew home. Pity I'd forgotten how brilliant he was in the Irish Guineas! Hope he stays in training, could be anything. Shame Frankel never ventured overseas, and wouldn't it have been great if Black Caviar had run there? Or even Treve and Moonlight Cloud? Great stuff anyway. Any thoughts on the Melbourne Cup? I'm still seething after backing Red Cadeaux on the Aussie Tote (100-1 plus?), and he got caught on the line.

Enjoyed it too Paignton, as i said before hand i'm not a fan of American racing but the Breeder's Cup is a bit different. Dank had a lot go against her but was the best horse and proved it. I was gutted for The Fugue, i think Buick just went a little too early but the ride Moore gave Magician was magical, i just wish he was more enthusiastic when interviewed. Then to end it all the Classic was a fantastic race and at one point i thought DOW had it but it wasn't to be and i'm sure he will go on to be a top stallion.

On the Melbourne Cup i thought Mount Athos had a great chance but it's going to be difficult from that draw and so i think i may side with Brown Panther. That could change though.

I've always loved Dandino, somehow can't see him winning? Would love to see it though, he's so consistent. I think I'll back Simenon - also a little each-way on my old friend Red Cadeaux!

Decided to back both Mount Athos and Brown Panther. Despite the draw i can't not back Mount Athos as the form of his latest second is first rate, the winner Harris Tweed got collared on the line in a group 3 next time, the 3rd placed horse Tac De Boistron has since won a listed race by 8 lengths, finished 2nd in a group 1 over too far and then won the group 1 prix royal oak. On top of those the 4th placed horse Camborne has won a handicap off 108 and then won a group 3. It's going to be tough from his draw but i just can't not back him.

Brown Panther for me looks to be in great form, he was only beat 4 and a half lengths over 10f in his last race which was far too short for him and i've just got a feeling he might be suited to this race, got a good draw in 6 aswell.

I'll be working so won't be able to watch racing tomorrow but will be hoping for a winning return from Cue Card, he's a fantastic horse and while i'm not a massive fan of backing horses shorter than 2/1 surely 5/4 is a great price against that field. He's giving lots of weight away which obviously will be tough but he just looks in a different class to the rest of them. Not sure i will put my money where my mouth is though.

A loose horse in the first at Exeter has just caused absolute carnage!

Set my alarm to watch the Melbourne Cup hoping for a British win but not the case. Both Mount Athos and Brown Panther ran great races as they both went too quick early on, this was shown by the 3 in front of them for a lot of the race finishing 19th, 22nd and 23rd. Happy with a place for Mount Athos though.

Paington i hope you had a little on or maybe a bit more on Red Cadeuax who ran a screamer and looked like the winner 1f out, what a fantastic horse he's been for Ed Dunlop.

AP McCoy reaches 4000 race wins. Amazing feat!

JP McManus then offers to buy all racegoers at Towcester a drink to celebrate!

I feel the 12/1 available on Levitate this evening is worth taking in the 1.50 at Donny tomorrow.

Back