• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

Good move back for Hunt Ball and it wouldn't surprise me if Henderson gets the best out of him and i really hope he does. I do wonder sometimes why new owners move horses when there is simply no need.

How did they manage to cover up Denman's illness for the past five months? Hope he can pull through.

St Nicholas Abbey has suffered a setback too, but he seems to be stable.

Hopefully both pull through, fantastic racehorses in their own code.

Going to make sure i watch replays of todays racing at Newmarket as there were 5 2yo races and will also have a look at Kempton. There were a few running i wanted to keep an eye on but i don't like the amount of rain we've had so didn't invest in any. Hoping to pick out a few future winners.

So pleased for Rule The World back after injury and wins. Couldn't resist a few quid, what a brave horse.

Beat me to it. Nice performance.

Good performances from Defy Logic and Don Cossack on their chasing debuts too.

Heard they hope Faugheen is the one to take over Hurricane Fly's mantle. Mullins has such a fantastic array of talent, think Ruby knew what he was doing!

He's also got another out for the season in Back in Focus.

Will have a look Penk but not really switched over to the jumps yet as the flat is still going for another week or so.

Really looking forward to watching the Breeders Cup tomorrow night, not a fan of American racing but i like international meetings like this and the Dubai carnival.

Had a quick look and there's definitely some decent racing tomorrow both on the flat and over jumps. and glad i did look as horses i have followed are running.

At Uttoxeter i'm interested in Carraig Mor in the first and in the big race at 2:20 which is quite difficult i like Tanerko Emery who for me was too far behind a lot of the time last year over hurdles and i'm hoping he's going to make into a decent chaser, slightly worried that Tom Scu doesn't stay for the ride though and goes to Wetherby for the ride on Ainsi Fideles in the 2:45 who is a half brother to Sametegal(won the same race last year) Not sure whether that's a tip in itself.

Seen that Mon Parrain runs at Wetherby also who for me is one of the best jumpers of a fence i've ever seen and has got talent but has issues, i'm going to hope he's over them.

On the flat, Tweed runs in the 3:40 at Newmarket and he's a half brother to Vow, Beaten Up and Harris Tweed so he may be one to watch.

No worries Penk, actually glad i looked as i would be gutted if any of them won and i hadn't seen that they were running.

I'm interested to see if Murphy puts anything up in the morning aswell.

I'm afraid Penk I'm not going to be much help at Uttoxeter, so I refuse to tip up horses I'm not going to back myself. However as I'm on here and you're going to the races I'll give you the ones I will be backing today, as I've said before I tend to back what in my view are over priced horses, so sometimes patience is needed.

2.10 Wetherby Mac Aeda A versatile horse in a wide open race, who very rarely runs a bad race.

3.05 Newmarket Wizara Totally over priced due to her last run, which in my view can be discounted. I will have a saver on Tweed as I agree with slink

9.25 Santa Anita Shamshon A bad draw and British makes this horse over priced, he will need to break quickly but if he does I can see him running a huge race.

They will be my 3 main bets today. But I will also back Raskova (1.30 New) who I can't see failing to place and Ainsi Fideles (2.45 Weth) as again I agree with slink about Scu going for the ride. I'm not sure he will be much value but can see him winning.

Sorry about Uttoxeter, hope you have a good day and pick some winners!

I have been told to keep an eye on Vinnies Lamb (Or something like that) in the 3 mile race. Thoughts?

Back