• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

He's probably most likely to turn up, has had no problems like Dawn Appraoch, Toronado, Farhh and De Kock certainly thinks he's better than he's shown so far. If the ground is quick then i think he's got a massive chance but not so much if there is any juice in the ground.

The extra two and a half furlongs accounted for Toronado last time, didn't it? Has he had issues since? He looks massive at 4/1.

The extra two and a half furlongs accounted for Toronado last time, didn't it? Has he had issues since? He looks massive at 4/1.

No he was beat well before the last 2 furlongs and he's definitely had issues. If Farhh turns up and is the horse he was before he got injured he wins for me and the 6s available will look massive.

Ah fair enough. I'd not seen the race, just assumed he didn't get the trip. Cheers, Slink.

I'm always intrigued about the pedigree of a horse such as have they got any siblings who raced, were they any good and if so over what distance and on what ground and with that goes keeping an eye on the sales and earlier Coolmore paid 3,600,000gns for a brother to this years Oaks second Secret Gesture. Absolutely crazy money but will definitely keeping an eye out for that one from next year.

Also keeping on the pedigree subject there is a horse running tomorrow by Sea The Stars who is a half brother to Youmzain and Creachadoir who both achieved ratings of over 120 when racing. It's called Sarpech and runs in the 3:30 at Nottingham, it has entries in the RP Trophy and the Derby so i will definitely be interested to see how that runs tomorrow.

Sea The Stars is a very promising sire imo. Had a debut winner yesterday at Leicester (Bold Lass), half-sister to My Emma, out of My Branch. 12-1 !!

Not a great start from Sarpech but he's bred to do well as a 3yo and being trained by Sir Mark Prescott is definitely one that will improve the more he races so i will definitely keep my eye on him for the future.

Agreed Paignton, he's made a slowish start but so did his half brother Galileo who is now the best sire in the world. He's not going to get many speedy 2yo's but many will come into their own at a mile and up to a mile and a half.

There's definitely no recession in racing as the European record for a yearling was broken for the second day running after a sister to Was was bought for 5 million guineas, ridiculous money in my eyes but if you've got it then why not.

Don't worry Nando and thanks for the offer Murphy. I do really enjoy racing but it isn't something I know much about. I tend to have pretty good luck when I go to the course, I rarely come out of the day at a loss - usually break even when including bets, travel, food and drink etc which I'm usually happy with.

I'm going to have 2 bets at York today.

2.55 Brave Boy (7/1)

3.30 Seeking Magic (11/1) both ew.

Over at Newmarket in the 3.50 I think the 25/1 that is still available on Earth Amber is fantastic value and will have a bet on that as well. Good luck with whatever you decide to back Stan.

Cheers Murphy - pretty horrible weather!

Nice 3rd, Murphy.

This time next year we'll be millionaires.

Wonder how Pique Sous is doing? Last I heard he was fighting for his life after colic. Hope he pulls through, very promising horse. Think half-brother to Pancake.

His owners said he was stable but nor out of the woods yet a while back on Twitter. Not seen anything since.

Countrywide Flame is out for the season which is a shame.

Edit - Just checked their Twitter account again and they say he's returning to Willie soon and will return next year. Great stuff.

That's great news Nando, many thanks. Such a shame about Countrywide Flame, thought he might have had a good season.

Really interested to see how Beachfire runs tomorrow in the 3:20 at Huntingdon, rated over 100 on the flat and won very easily last time although beating a stablemate who hasn't lived up to his reputation.

On the flat got four 2yo's that i'm keeping an eye on running tomorrow, 3 who haven't run before and 1 who has been slightly disappointing in 2 starts. They are Yagheer and Rapid Advance in the 3:40 at Leicester, Swan Lakes in the 5:40 at Kempton and Stybba who hasn't looked up to much so far in the 2:30 at Newcastle.

Seems like Beachfire didn't quite have enough close home but he ran well to finish second, well clear of the 3rd. Only 2 of the 2yo's ran, Rapid Advance was very disappointing but Swan Lakes finished 2nd at 20/1 and definitely should be up to winning a maiden.

Few more for tomorrow that i'm interested in; in the 2:10 at Nottingham both Donncha and Sea Here, particularly the latter as he is by Sea the Stars out of Look Here and then in the 6:40 at Kempton Continental Drift who will probably be one for the future but we shall see.

Seems that Grandouet will be going chasing this season. There don't appear to be many top novice hurdlers from last season who look Arkle bound. Most are staying over hurdles or likely to be stepped up in trip. Champagne Fever heads the market, but I've always thought he wants further too despite his Supreme victory. That said, I'd have concerns over the likelihood of Grandouet getting to Cheltenham given his record so far.

Seems that Un Atout will miss the season too. That's him, Pique Sous and Pont Alexandre gone from his novice ranks last season!

Arkle looks wide open to me Nando, Chatterbox may be one to watch.

Pleased with the 2yo's today, Donncha finished 3rd at 10/1, Sea Here finished 6th in the same race. At Kempton i thought Continental Drift may have been one for the future and she probably is but was one for today aswell and won at 16/1.

Back