• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

Nowhere. Typical, the guy that tipped it is shit hot normally.

Notes from Nicholls' season preview at Ditcheat:

Rocky Creek

A big, scopey chasing horse, he won last season as a novice at Doncaster, Warwick and in the Reynoldstown at Ascot. He ran at Aintree in the spring but it's not a track that really suits him, with the emphasis on speed. He might go straight for the Hennessy Gold Cup, which is a really good race for a second-season novice. There's no point running somewhere else beforehand, winning and picking up a 15lb penalty. He could end up with an entry in the Grand National. He should make a great staying chaser.

Just A Par

This is one for all your 'to follow' lists. We bought him in the middle of last season and he stayed on strongly to be second to At Fishers Cross at Aintree, which has obviously turned out to be really good form. He was very green and backward, we started out with a shell of a horse, really. He's done incredibly well here over the summer and he'll go novice chasing in the autumn at one of the bigger tracks. Hopefully, he can imitate Rocky Creek and win some nice races.

Rolling Aces

Started out two years ago in an Irish point to point in which he was second to Rocky Creek. He won races last season at Newbury and Wincanton that are working out well and then he was second to Opening Batsman in the Racing Post Chase. He didn't run after that, he was big and backward and not quite right. He's a good horse to run in second-season chases. We've won the Grade Two two and a half mile chase at Down Royal in early November for the last five seasons and that's where I'll probably start him off.

Saint Roque

He's dependent on good ground, we ran him once on heavy, which was a total disaster. He's a novice hurdler for the whole season but fences will be the making of him. He could start off in the Persian War at Chepstow in October and then we'll make a decision whether to stay over hurdles or go over fences this season.

Aiteen Thirtythree

He didn't run last season, he had a small injury and we gave him time to get over it. He came back in training on 1 July. He should be ideal for something like the Badger Ales Chase and then some decent staying chases. He's quite high in the ratings, which is not ideal. He might get a tentative entry for the Grand National.

On Blueberry Hill

We bought him at Cheltenham in April. He's a big, strong horse for a four-year-old, but he's also very green and backward. He'd won a bumper before he came to us but you wouldn't have thought he'd had a run. He'll probably turn out for a novice hurdle in early November but we've no plan to rush him. He'll be an awesome horse, hopefully, for novice chases next year.

Unioniste

Joined us as a novice chaser last summer and won the Paul Stewart Ironspine Gold Cup at Cheltenham in December, the first four-year-old to win the race. His form went off a little bit but he'd been in training for a long time, having come over from France, and the break this summer has done him good. He'll be ready from October and we might have a look at the Charlie Hall.

Sire Collonges

Won a novice chase at the first Cheltenham meeting last year but he likes good ground and the wet ground we had for a lot of last winter didn't suit him. He's strengthened up a lot and will be aimed at the three-mile chase at the first Cheltenham meeting. I think this season we'll have a lot of fun with him.

Aldopicgros

Owned by the Million In Mind syndicate, he was green but ran away with a bumper in the French provinces in April. We've had him a month. He looks a really nice type, he's been schooling for about two weeks and he should be ready to make his debut at Chepstow on 12 October.

Al Ferof

He's been a fantastic horse for us, winning the Paddy Power Gold Cup last November before getting a minor leg injury that ended his season. He got the trip well on soft ground in the Cheltenham race, which surprised us a little. He's been back two weeks, he had his first canter on Saturday and I've been very pleased with the way he looks and the way he goes. His first target is the King George on Boxing Day and we might get a run into him beforehand. Ultimately, John [Hales, owner] would like to run him in the Gold Cup.

Caid Du Berlais

A juvenile hurdler last season, when he was second in the Fred Winter. He was a shell of a horse then and he's done well through the summer. I suspect we'll start over hurdles with him this season, though fences are an option. He'll win plenty of races, whatever he does.

Sam Winner

This is a horse that made a fool of Ruby and I last season. He ran well on his reappearance at Sandown, Ruby jumped off and said, don't run him again before the Pertemps and he'll win it. Of course, we listen to Ruby, so we didn't run him over hurdles again, though he won a jumpers bumper at Kempton in January. Then in the Pertemps, he ran an absolute stinker, jumping moderately; we were mystified. Anyway, he's come back fresh and well. He'll have a sharpener over hurdles and then he'll go novice chasing again. [He ran twice over fences two seasons ago but fell both times]

Harry The Viking

He was overfaced in the Grand National, which he didn't really like. He had a breathing operation this summer and he's come in looking the best I've seen him since he's been with us. He'll be ready to run at the end of Ocober and I'm sure he'll be winning again. Wet ground doesn't suit him.

Kauto Stone

A horse who makes me pull my hair out. He always seems to win first time out and then loses his way. He'll go back to Down Royal for the three-mile Grade One he won last year and we'll try to keep him fresh and well after that, he'll spend a lot of time in the field. He's the sort of horse who might be suited by the Nakayama Grand Jump in Japan at the end of the season, which is worth a lot of money.

Provo

Won a novice hurdle at Wincanton last autumn and was second at Exeter. The ground was wrong for him in the spring and he wasn't quite right. He's strengthened up over the summer and will now go novice chasing. We'll find a beginners' chase for him at the end of October when there's a bit of cut in the ground.

Easter Day

He had a fantastic last season, winning three from five and running second in the Challow. He had one run too many when he went to Aintree in the spring. He'll go novice chasing and jumps really well. He'll be ready to run from 1 November, as soon as there's some cut. He was always going to be a chaser.

Saphir Du Rheu

We bought him in September last year and he won at Taunton before disappointing us in the Fred Winter, when he didn't jump as well as he should have done. We put him away after that. I think he's still handicapped to win over hurdles, so he might have one more run before going novice chasing but fences should be the making of him.

Howlongisafoot

A winning pointer in Ireland before we bought him in the spring. He won a bumper for us at Newton Abbot in April and will now go novice hurdling. He jumps nicely.

Urubu D'Irlande

This is a nice horse who's won both his starts, in a point before he came to us and then in a Taunton bumper last year, the form of which is working out. Unfortunately, he then had a bad bout of colic and we decided to leave him to start again this season. He'll be a nice horse to follow and will be in novice hurdles once we get some decent ground.

Very Noble

The ground was too heavy for him when he was seventh at Taunton. There's lots to come from him and he's done very well in the summer. He should be out in a novice hurdle in October.

Hawkes Point

He started off last season by running second to Opening Batsman, which we now know is very good form. Then he won at Exeter. He had a wasted journey to Ayr at the end of last season, when it was heavy, waterlogged in places as he was being loaded into the box down here and good to firm by the time he got up there. Soft ground is ideal for him and he'll definitely have an entry in the Welsh Grand National. He stays forever.

Sea Wall

A lovely, big, scopey horse, he was quite backward last season and was green when fourth in a Wincanton bumper on his only start. There should be huge improvement from him this year. He probably would win a bumper if we wanted but it's more likely that he'll go straight over hurdles and he'll go over fences in time. Whatever he does over hurdles will be a bonus.

Scotch Dry And Ice

Was with Richard Barber to get experience from pointing last year. He took quite a heavy fall, then he won a maiden but he had a small injury, which probably came from the fall. He's been given lots of time and looks great now. He'll be in novice hurdles from mid-November. He's a big, scopey horse who ought to do well.

Merrion Square

Had a break before winning the Grand Military Gold Cup last season. He's done well over the summer but is probably in the grip of the handicapper, though I'm sure he can win another handicap somewhere. He'll run in the three-mile handicap chase at the first Chepstow meeting. He's probably better on decent ground. He's still a novice over hurdles.

Silviniaco Conti

Beat Long Run to win the Betfair Chase last November, which was a special day because Clifford [Baker, head lad] got to parade Kauto Star. We kept Silviniaco fresh for the Gold Cup after that and he won the Denman Chase the month before at Newbury. He was travelling well when he fell at the third-last in the Gold Cup and you have to think he'd have been close, second or third at the very worst. He went to Aintree but didn't jump with his normal fluency. He's ready to go, he's only seven and I think he'll improve enormously as he strengthens up. He'll go straight to the Betfair Chase, probably, though nothing is set in stone. The King George is in the equation and the Gold Cup.

Rebel Rebellion

He won at Exeter and Sandown as a novice chaser last season. He always goes well fresh, he jumps nicely and he's a possible for the Haldon Gold Cup at Exeter or Ascot the Saturday before. He's not going to win the Champion Chase but he always gives his all and he loves soft ground.

Dodging Bullets

Won impressively a couple of times at Cheltenham, then was third in the Christmas Hurdle despite being a novice, which was top-class form. But he ran two deplorable races in the spring and we've never put our finger on why. He's had a lovely holiday, he looks great and he'll run over hurdles at Kempton on 20 October if the ground's OK. Then we'll make a plan whether he stays over hurdles or goes chasing.

Ceasar Milan

Came to us from Ian Ferguson in Northern Ireland, who got him to win an Irish point and a couple of bumpers. He's a nice type to start over hurdles from November onwards and he should make a staying chaser in time.

Vesperal Dream

He's a maiden over hurdles and fences, rated 125 over hurdles. He'll be ready to run in mid-October and I suspect we'll start him in a novice handicap chase or novice handicap hurdle, possibly at Newton Abbot on 11 October. He has schooled and I have to say he was electrifying.

Virak

He had two runs at Pau in January, he ran second and then won. We bought him after I was impressed by watching his runs on video. Ruby was really taken with him. He's done well, physically, and I suspect he'll make his debut in Chepstow's Silver Trophy. Then we'll decide whether it's hurdles or fences for him this season.

Valco De Touzaine

I don't think he fully acclimatised last season and I don't think he liked the soft ground he kept meeting but he's done incredibly well in the summer and he really needed a break. He'll go straight over fences. He schooled this week and he was electric. He'll run at Chepstow on 12 October or at Cheltenham the next week.

Ptit Zig

Won first time out for us at Ludlow and then was third in the Fred Winter, when he didn't jump particularly fluently. He really appreciated the better ground at Sandown when he won there in April. Then he ran in a valuable race in France, where he was second to a double Grade One winner of Willie Mullins's. He'll have one run over hurdles to start the season but he's got chaser written all over him and it won't be too long before he goes that way.

Black Thunder

He didn't win last season but he ran some good races and he probably should have won at Haydock, when he got trapped wide and finished strongly but got beaten a neck. He went up in the weights for that and we were always struggling with him after. He doesn't want heavy ground. He'll be early out in a beginner's chase and will hopefully progress. Chasing was always going to be his job.

Lac Fontana

Third behind Forgotten Voice at Kempton in February, he ran as well as could be expected when eighth in the Triumph. He's a maiden for this season, which is ideal. He was inexperienced with his jumping in the Triumph but he's done incredibly well this summer, he's really stregthened up, he's already been schooling and he jumps nicely. He might run at Chepstow in mid-October and hopefully he can progress as Dodging Bullets did last season.

Celestial Halo

Ran a fantastic race at the Festival to be second at 40-1 to Solwhit in the World Hurdle. Aintree came too soon for him but then he won the Prix la Barka in France in May. He's a great horse for a nine-year-old. He'll be out for all the good staying hurdles at Newbury and Ascot, maybe even Wetherby, and I'm sure he'll win more races.

Dildar

He's been quite frustrating to train and he's not done particularly well the last two summers. He ran a blinder when narrowly beaten on his reappearance last season but he was disappointing the next time and we decided to give him a good break after finding out that he wasn't right. For the first time ever, he's come in looking really, really well, so he'll go to Ascot on the first Saturday in November and we'll see how he progresses from there.

Sound Investment

He won a couple of times last season but he was always a bit babyish. He'll possibly progress to novice chasing but I hope he can win his handicap hurdle first time out this season.

Buck's Bond

Won a novice hurdle and a novice chase from five starts last season. I hope he's ready to run in a staying handicap chase at Wincanton. He stays very well.

Wilton Milan

Won twice for us last season after a midwinter breathing operation but he was probably overfaced in a Grade One the last time. He has a lot of growing up to do but I think he can win a handicap hurdle before going over fences.

Southfield Theatre

Won three times from four starts last season and is still eligible for novice hurdles until 1 November. At some stage, we'll make a plan as to whether he goes over fences this season.

Southfield Vic

A year younger half-brother to Southfield Theatre, he won a bumper when he was with Bob Buckler last season. He's just starting over hurdles now and it'll be a long way before he's ready to run in novice hurdles.

Pay The King

Won an Irish bumper before we bought him. He was third in a couple of maiden hurdles on soft ground he didn't like. He's got a nice handicap mark and I'm sure we can be winning with him soon, probably on good ground.

Jump City

He's a tough horse for the smaller West Country tracks, over two miles or two and a half, depending on the course. I'm sure he'll be winning again on some cut.

Fago

He had some good form in France before joining us and duly won first time up at Newbury. He looked like he would have won the Kingmaker at Warwick, but he fell and so we ran him again at Sandown, where he ran moderately. He was probably over the top by the time he ran at Aintree in April. He's done well for a good break over the summer and I think there's plenty still to come from him. Two and a half miles will suit.

Current Event

He's been a good horse for his owners, winning at Kempton in the autumn and Perth in June. He's probably on a very high handicap mark now but he always seems to win at some point and I'm sure he can win again if we place him in the right races.

Black River

A big, scopey four-year-old who won both his novice hurdles in France. The intention was to go novice chasing with him first time and not to rush him but 134 could be an attractive mark. He might have one handicap hurdle before going over fences.

Vicente

We bought him in the spring and we like him. He was placed in a couple of French bumpers and was second over hurdles at Auteuil; the winner has won again and the third, beaten 30 lengths, won next time, so the form looks good. He jumps very, very nicely and he'll be ready to run in some good novice hurdles as soon as there's some cut.

Salubrious

Became our 33rd Cheltenham Festival winner in the Martin Pipe and was possibly a little over the top when fifth at Aintree, though that was also a good run. He's probably on the limit of his handicap mark, so he'll go novice chasing from early October. He likes decent ground. He's been schooling already and I'm sure he'll make a really smart chaser.

Benvolio

Was a winning pointer in Ireland but took a while to find his feet last season. We gave him time and he bounced back to win twice at Wincanton in the spring. He looks fantastic now. He might have one more run over hurdles but it won't be long before he goes chasing. He stays well.

Sametegal

A horse I really like. He won two of his six last year and ran good races in defeat, running third in the Triumph. He's ready to run in the four-year-old hurdle won by Dodging Bullets at Cheltenham in October. Then we'll take a view as to whether he stays over hurdles or goes chasing. He'll be very exciting when he jumps a fence.

Coward's Close

Had a breathing operation last season after a disappointing first run, then won at Exeter and Fakenham in the spring. He's a novice over hurdles to 1 November, so he'll go to the three-mile novice hurdle at Cheltenham's October meeting and then chasing.

Tidal Bay

A fantastic horse to be involved with. He won over hurdles at Wetherby, then he was second in the Hennessy, giving weight to the winner, who went on to win the Gold Cup. He gave me one of the proudest moments of my career when he won the Lexus in Ireland, just getting up on the line. Ruby said he was always going to get there, but it didn't look that way to me! He picked up an injury that day that wiped out the rest of his season but he's fully recovered now. He seems as good and as enthusiastic as ever. We're hopeful there's still another good race in him and we'll probably follow the same sort of route this year as last.

Ulck Du Lin

Won a couple of novice chases at the end of last year but things didn't go to plan in the spring. He made a bad mistake at the third-last in the Grand Annual, then we sent him on a retrieval mission to Newton Abbot and he unseated Ruby at the third. He's only five, he's grown up a bit and he can win some good handicaps this term. He probably wants further than two miles.

Far West

He's done nothing but improve, winning four times over hurdles before running second in the Triumph behind Our Conor, one of the best Triumph winners I've seen. There's a long way to go to get him fit at the moment. I'm confident he'll be exciting when he jumps a fence but he'll start over hurdles.

Tagrita

Made all to win her only point in Ireland, beating a horse who won a beginners chase at Listowel on her first start under Rules. We're pleased with her and she'll be running in mares' novice hurdles.

Tara Point

A big four-year-old mare from the family of Mr Pointment, who won a Becher Chase for us. She looked like winning in her points debut before falling, then won impressively next time. We're very pleased with what she's done and she'll be running in mares' novice hurdles, though her future will be over fences.

Fascino Rustico

Won a bumper in the north before joining us, then ran fourth in a good Cheltenham bumper in November on very soft going. That exposed a breathing problem, so he had an operation but the ground was again less than ideal when he ran in the Champion Bumper in March and he ran too free. He'll go novice hurdling. He hasn't been a natural over hurdles so far but we're doing lots of work with him.

Lumpy's Gold

We bought him at Doncaster sales after he ran in a couple of points in Britain. He would have won on his debut but fell at the last, then won next time. He will make a staying chaser but for now he'll be in novice hurdles over two and three-quarter miles or three miles. He's been schooling, he jumps nicely and stays forever.

V Neck

We sent him to Richard Barber last winter for experience in points and he won his only start very impressively. He's been with us a month and jumps nicely. He'll have one run in a bumper and then novice hurdles.

Varom

We bought him after he won a bumper in France and then he ran third in a Haydock bumper last autumn. He didn't run again because he was never quite right in the spring. He's just started schooling and he'll definitely be winning his novice hurdles but he's got chaser written all over him.

Silsol

Was trained in Germany and won on the Flat in northern France last autumn. We did plenty of schooling with him in the spring but opted not to run him because we thought he might benefit from more time and we didn't want to give up his novice status too cheaply. He's returned looking well, he's been schooling this week and he's a really nice type of horse. He'll be ready for novice hurdles from the end of October.

Sonofvic

A brother to Aiteen Thirtythree, he missed last season with a small bit of leg trouble from his fall at the Cheltenham Festival 18 months ago. The break has probably done him the world of good and he's still a novice over fences. We'll find a beginners chase for him somewhere, possibly at Chepstow at the end of October. He could make a nice chaser.

Broomfield

A big, scopey horse who ran in a couple of bumpers and a maiden hurdle at the end of 2011 but had a small injury and has been given lots of time off. He's back cantering now and should be ready for novice hurdles from November. We like what we see from him. Ultimately, he should make a chaser.

Minellahalfcentury

I liked the look of him and we bought him cheaply at Cheltenham sales after he'd been placed in three Irish points. We sent him to Wincanton for a novice hurdle in February, thinking he'd probably need the run, but he won 10 lengths. He'll start in handicap hurdles this season and will need a couple of runs for experience before making a lovely novice chaser.

Dark Lover

Missed the season before last through injury but did well as a handicap hurdler last term, winning twice at Cheltenham before Christmas and then running fourth in the Betfair behind My Tent Or Yours. He was probably over the top when he was third in the National Spirit. He'll be one of our leading prospects for novice chases over two to two and a half miles this season. He loves soft ground but can act on most surfaces.

Vide Cave

Was an impressive winner of his only hurdles start so far at Lion D'Angers in May, two months before we bought him. He remains a novice for the season and will stay over hurdles but is a chaser in the making. He's a gorgeous, big and strong horse.

There's No Panic

Won a couple of novice chases last October but never really had his ground last winter, it was too soft for him. I'm sure he'll progress and there's a handicap or two to be won with him. He might start off in the three-mile handicap chase at Ascot on the first Saturday in November.

Poungach

He won novice chases last season at Haydock and Kempton, the blinkers seeming to sharpen him up that last time. He needs to improve his jumping but he's an out-and-out stayer who could be ideal for the Badger Ales Chase at Wincanton, so we'll try to have him ready to run for his life that day.

Cedre Bleu

Won a couple over fences last season but we struggled to find a suitable race for him later in the spring and he ended up running over three and a quarter miles, which he didn't stay. He might get three miles on a flat track but we'll stick to distances short of that for now.

Merehead

Won a novices handicap hurdle in 2011 but missed a couple of seasons with a few little niggles. He'll go straight over fences, he's got chaser written all over him and hurdles tend to get in the way. He's a ready-made novice chase winner and will be ready to run from November.

For Two

A big, scopey four-year-old who ran well in a couple of starts last season but we felt he was still a bit weak and we've given him plenty of time since. I suspect he'll start off in the hurdle race at Chepstow in October that we won with Hinterland last year but a novice chasing campaign awaits.

Wonderful Charm

Won the Persian War last October on his British debut, even though his breathing wasn't right. He had a breathing op and then went straight to the World Hurdle but he didn't fire on the day and Ruby still wasn't happy with his breathing. He's had corrective surgery in the summer and we'll find him a beginners' chase somewhere. He's a high class horse and I'm very hopeful he'll make a smart chaser.

Pacha Du Polder

He struggled a bit last season but then won a good handicap at Newbury when he got decent ground. He wants three miles on an easy track and he must have good ground but he seems in the grip of the handicapper just now.

Edgardo Sol

A tough horse, he ran consistently well in good company over hurdles and fences last season, starting with a second to Cue Card at Exeter. He's strengthened up again and I think he'll be better at two and a half miles now, rather than the two miles he was running over for most of last season. We'll continue to mix hurdles and chases with him.

Join Together

Was slightly disappointing last season. We thought he'd win on his first start back at Ascot but he was only seventh, then he was beaten just a neck in the Becher Chase. We aimed him at the Grand National but that didn't go well, as he was almost brought down at the third fence in his prep race and he didn't run any race in the National itself. He's a true stayer who wants very soft ground. We'll probably aim at the Welsh National and go from there.

Zarkandar

This is a fantastic horse, who won four of five starts for us last season. I'm convinced the Old Course at Cheltenham doesn't suit him; other than when he fell at Aintree in 2012, the only two times he's been beaten in Britain were both in the Champion Hurdle on the Old Course. We put blinkers on him for Aintree this year, where he beat The New One to win a Grade One. He's done really well this summer. I suspect he'll start off over two and a half miles at Ascot in November. Jared [Sullivan, part-owner] is very keen to try him over three miles.

Mr Mole

Beat Melodic Rendezvous to win a novice hurdle at Exeter last autumn and ran second in the Swinton when last seen. He's been a little bit frustrating in his running style but he's got loads of talent. We'll try him in a hurdle to see if he's progressed and then probably go novice chasing. I'm convinced he'll make a smart novice chaser in time.

Fox Run

Won novice hurdles at Worcester and Taunton last season but he was slightly immature and would have preferred better ground than he got most of the time. He'll be ready to run in a handicap hurdle over two and a half miles at the end of October and then go chasing.

Vibrato Valtat

Joined us from France last season and ran well over hurdles a couple of times without winning, running second on his hurdles debut to L'Unique of Alan King's who won a Grade One at Aintree in April. He's a ready-made novice hurdle winner and seems a lot more relaxed now.

Foggy's Wall

Won a couple of bumpers at Wincanton last season, though the ground was softer than I would have liked for the second of them. He's a decent horse who jumps hurdles nicely and we'll aim him at a novice hurdle at Wincanton on Badger Ales day.

Big Buck's

Won his 18th consecutive hurdles race at Newbury in December but unfortunately a small leg injury came to light soon after and we decided to put him away for the rest of the season. He's been back in a week now, which is really a week earlier than I wanted but he'd got so fat . . . He'll do six weeks of road work and start cantering in October. We'll look to give him one run before he tries for a fifth World Hurdle at the Cheltenham Festival, possibly in the Cleeve Hurdle in January, so long as the ground isn't too bad. There's no reason why he shouldn't be as good as ever but we'll see how we go with him and take our time.

Really looking forward to seeing Al Ferof again this season as well as Ptit Zig and one of my favourite horses Zarkandar.

I've heard good things about Black River. Supposedly working fantastically.

Top man Nando thanks for sharing all of this. Will be very interesting to see what sort of season Nicholls has, especially without Ruby.

I really wish that trainers had to declare when a horse is running after having had a breathing op. Bit like on the Flat, I wish trainers had to declare when a filly is in-foal. Think they discussed this a few seasons ago, but for some reason never enforced.

Can't wait for the Jumps season to start properly, looking forward to seeing Bob's Worth, At Fisher's Cross and Silviniaco Conti. At Fisher's Cross is very exciting, but I think (not sure though) that he's by Oscar, and I'm always wary of their durability (witness Black Jack Ketchum and Peddler's Cross, who went backwards very quickly). Then you get an Oscar like Ollie Magern who goes on forever!

Just checked and Ollie Magern is by Alderbrook, not Oscar, so apologies, but that makes my doubts about the durability and longevity of Oscar's stock even stronger! Even so, was very disappointed with Peddler's Cross last season, hope he comes back to his previous form.

Tidal Bay is such an enigma, looking forward to seeing what he does this season! Personally, I don't expect to see Big Buck's on a racecourse again (sadly). What a horse! Still think it was such a shame he didn't alternate hurdles with fences, his jumping should have improved as he got older.

Henderson has confirmed that Sprinter Sacre won't tackle the King George.

Simonsig 5/1 favourite is ludicrous.

Thanks for this Nando, great stuff. Can't wait for National Hunt season to start properly! Much prefer NH to Flat these days.

I feel Kodafine is totally overpriced at around 8/1 in the 8.05 at Wolves.

Nice one Murphy.

Thoughts on the Arc?

Decent each way that Murphy.

Looking forward to Arc day later on but i'm not sure it's a great card to have a bet on and so it may just be a case of watching and enjoying the racing. As for the Arc i think both Japanese horses have massive chances and if i had to go with one i would have to go with Orfevre, I can see Treve staying on close home but the draw may get the best of her. Very much looking forward to seeing Moonlight Cloud again and think the 1:20 could contain a few nice fillies for next year particularly Lesstalk in Paris.

Decent each way that Murphy.

Looking forward to Arc day later on but i'm not sure it's a great card to have a bet on and so it may just be a case of watching and enjoying the racing. As for the Arc i think both Japanese horses have massive chances and if i had to go with one i would have to go with Orfevre, I can see Treve staying on close home but the draw may get the best of her. Very much looking forward to seeing Moonlight Cloud again and think the 1:20 could contain a few nice fillies for next year particularly Lesstalk in Paris.

Just a shame there was one too good.

As for today. I'm going to back Kizuna in the Arc, with Intello the danger, but I'm worried about him staying. It is a fiendishly difficult race though and I'm going to have a little bit on Penglai Pavillion who should not be priced up at 50/1!!!

In other races I like Silasol in the 2.30, Veda in the 1.20, Catcall in the 12.45. I had a really good day yesterday so will stick to a few bets today and sit back and watch it on tv. One last thing be careful who you place your bets with today as a lot of bookies are showing different terms.

Good luck with your selections.

No bets for me today.

Not sure whether i will have a bet yet or not but if i had to in 7 races leaving out the Arab race and the Handicap they would be;

12:45 - Reckless Abandon
1:20 - Lesstalk In Paris
1:55 - Noozhoh Canarias
2:30 - Silasol
3:15 - Orfevre
4:40 - Moonlight Cloud
5:10 - Tac De Boistron

Maarek wins the first. Happy with the run from Reckless Abandon in 5th.

Indonesienne wins the second race, thought Lesstalk In Paris had that but got caught in the final 50 yards and can't help thinking that she went a bit quick early on.

Karakontie wins the 1:55, another second for me with Noozhoh Canarias.

Had a little nibble on Orfevre.

On the National Hunt front, Rule The World is back in training and staying over hurdles. Great news.

Back