• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

Well I had a great week punting wise. The only downside was Thomas Chippendale however I thought his connections conducted themselves with great dignity and did racing great credit.

Agreed Murphy, not only his connections but Murtagh was a class act and he thoroughly deserved to be top jockey at the end of the week.

Not a great punting week for me, pretty much bang on even thanks to Riposte and Remote. Had 5 seconds though at varying prices which could have made it a very good week: Shea Shea, Montiridge, Sandiva, Shropshire and Stencive

Got seconditis i think, waited all day for Livia's Dream in the last at Haydock after i backed it earlier at 14/1 and it gets beat in the last furlong by the favourite. Decent e/w though so i shouldn't grumble too much.

Who knows? When a horse does that you may as well let him go, why they fight them I'll never know, they never win. I laid him in running twice, once when he started pulling and again when he hit the front. I just knew he wouldn't get home. However the bookies were after him all week and again today, so something must have leaked out.

On a separate note the two horses that beat Libertarian and Galileo Rock home at Sandown in April, Sugar Boy and Eye Of The Storm need careful watching (both entered in the Irish Derby, I feel one of them will win).

I still feel Sugar Boy will go well tomorrow, 9/1 available as I type.

I still feel Sugar Boy will go well tomorrow, 9/1 available as I type.

I fancy Trading Leather to run a big race, i think he will relish a further step up in trip from 10f to 12f. That's just purely looking for something to beat the favourite who will be right there and O'Brien has won this race for the last 7 years.

I fancy Trading Leather to run a big race, i think he will relish a further step up in trip from 10f to 12f. That's just purely looking for something to beat the favourite who will be right there and O'Brien has won this race for the last 7 years.

Thought he would run a massive race and did it well in the end, terrible runs from Ruler Of The World and Libertarian.

Thought he would run a massive race and did it well in the end, terrible runs from Ruler Of The World and Libertarian.

Well done slink, I had a little saver thanks to you.

Well done slink, I had a little saver thanks to you.

Cheers Murphy, happy to have got that one right. Seems like we may have another poor crop of middle distance 3 year olds in Britain and Ireland and the best may be over in France, those being Intello and Treve.

There's a couple of decent races over in France later, i fancy Anna's Pearl to run a big race in Prix Jean Prat. Spencer had the choice of 3 and he picked that one and he's 16/1. In the Prix Chloe i'm interested in Table Ronde who could be a filly to watch and is unbeaten so far.

I reckon Banoffee in the 2.55 Haydock is worth an ew stab.

I reckon Banoffee in the 2.55 Haydock is worth an ew stab.

Decent shout on form before the Oaks. Fav looks a good thing to most but one i will look out for is Emirates Queen who will love the fast ground.

Looking forward to the Sussex today. My interest in flat has been non-existent this year but this looks like a cracker.

Another cracker.

Two gorgeous horses.

And also, what a great bloke Jim Bolger is. Could teach the Hannon's a thing or two....

Sanctuaire sold and will join Willie Mullins as his owners seem to sell all their horses barring Silviniaco Conti and Zarkandar.

For Non Stop sold and looks to be going to America.

Hunt Ball is back already after flopping on debut.

Dawn Approach & Elusive Kate reverse forecast in this.

Unlucky Nando, never looked like happening. I love Moonlight Cloud though, she's tiny compared to the others but she has so much ability and has 5 group 1s now.

Big tip for Lord of the Nile at Killarney in a couple of minutes....

Bit late I know.

Back