• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

Nice one Slink, hope you had a few quid on!

Think Third Intention is decent value comparative to Rebel Fitz. He's getting 8lb off him and RF has never travelled before either. RF a worthy favourite going by his recent exploits but I wouldn't want to be taking evens on him.

Nicholls should be expecting Lac Fontana to win today too.

Well he won but not at the 11/4 he was this morning as Jonjo's was pulled out.

Olympic Glory wins the QEII, travelled like the best horse and quickened up impressively. Brilliant run by the second aswell who more than gets back the £70k that connections paid to supplement him.

"If Farhh turns up and is the horse he was before he got injured he wins for me and the 6s available will look massive."

I said this just under 2 weeks ago, Farhh didn't turn up in the race i was talking about but did in the race after it in the Champion Stakes and just about held on from Cirrus Des Aigles, Cracking horse.

Where's Murphy?

Here :). I didn't get enough time yesterday to give my views because of going to the game. If I stuck up every horse I back on here you'd all get fed up pretty quickly, I tend to stick to putting what I think are over priced bets. Unless someone asks about something in particular.

Ah right, I'm currently using you as my tipster and my betting bank is currently £40 in profit. Any tips at anytime will be appreciate, thanks.

Ah right, I'm currently using you as my tipster and my betting bank is currently £40 in profit. Any tips at anytime will be appreciate, thanks.

I'm flattered :). Keep an eye on slinks posts as well, I do. He knows what he's talking/posting about.

Impressive turn of foot from The New One and he beats Rock On Ruby easily, without a doubt a contender for the Champion hurdle.

Very impressed with The New One, absolutely pulverised Rock On Ruby. A serious horse who I hope stays sound for The Festival in March.

I'm not sure the running of Our Conor on the flat this season has been the right decision. He goes down today.

Definitely looked like it was just to get a run into him before running over hurdles, not sure about it myself but they have chosen that route. There have been rumours that he isn't working anything like he was last year but time will tell when he does run over hurdles.

Definitely looked like it was just to get a run into him before running over hurdles, not sure about it myself but they have chosen that route. There have been rumours that he isn't working anything like he was last year but time will tell when he does run over hurdles.

I'm not sure the change of owner has done the horse any favours, time will tell.

The Champion Hurdle looks like an awe inspiring race. Very impressive performance from The New One.

Surprised ROR hasn't gone chasing to be honest. I don't think he's got a shot in hell amongst the new blood coming from the novice ranks.

Yes Nando the Champion looks a cracking race if they all make it to the festival, The New One, My Tent or Yours, Jezki and Our Conor all bring fantastic form from the novices last year and then you have Hurricane Fly who looked better than ever last year.

Yes Nando the Champion looks a cracking race if they all make it to the festival, The New One, My Tent or Yours, Jezki and Our Conor all bring fantastic form from the novices last year and then you have Hurricane Fly who looked better than ever last year.

Fully agree, I'm going to try and make it to the first day this season followed by a trip down the road to see the lads play Swindon.

I might be wrong, but didn't Rock On Ruby vastly improve for the fitting of blinkers, don't think he wore them on Sunday? I shall have to see Our Conor lose over hurdles before I'll desert him, the memory of him winning at Cheltenham will stay in the memory for a very long time!! Reminded me of Golden Cygnet, for those of you of an age old enough to remember! I could not believe it when he got killed at Ayr, about to murder all of the best older horses of the time, Night Nurse etc.

Hunt Ball to return to the UK with Nicky Henderson.

Back