• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

I'll have a look to see if i can find the runners and riders then I'll join in. When does the meeting begin?

Fractured pelvis for Rule The World it seems.

Looked like a real talent but should at least survive.

All of this doping scandal will do untold harm for the image of racing. Still can't believe it - Monterosso winning in Dubai, Rewilding at Royal Ascot, Blue Bunting, Certify - were they all clean? Most shocking of all - Encke, denying Camelot the Triple Crown! I have spoken to folk who only take a passing interest in horse racing and had comments "they're all at it probably".

I personally was very shocked when Henderson got done for banned substances in a Queen's horse, but it was pretty much glossed over at the time, and amazingly hasn't been mentioned in the wake of recent developments. What's going on I wonder? Maybe this story is just the beginning? Let's hope it's a one-off - I went off cricket for years after Kronje, S Malik, etc.

Hunt Ball is on the move. Trainer has had enough of the owner's antics it would seem.

Dawn Approach or Toronado? Both of them are too short for me. I'm having a little each way on George Vancouver.

Dawn Approach or Toronado? Both of them are too short for me. I'm having a little each way on George Vancouver.

Toronado for me, i was massively impressed with his win in the Craven and has shown form as a 3yo so i'll take that although Dawn Approach really could be anything. Outside of that i'd go Mars as an each way running on at the end.

Blimey, that was very impressive.

Champagne Fever entered for chasing debut at Punchestown on Saturday.

Looking forward to Camelot this afternoon. Hope he goes on this season to prove he is one of the all time greats. I'm so pleased he has stayed in training.

Looking forward to Camelot this afternoon. Hope he goes on this season to prove he is one of the all time greats. I'm so pleased he has stayed in training.

As far as sport is concerned at the minute I'm jinxed. Wolves, Armagh and Camelot everything is going tits up! I think I'll support Man U next season that should see them relegated :)

Think that performance proves that he's a good horse but not a great and last years 3 year olds were a pretty poor bunch.

Reports in Ireland that Ruby Walsh has parted company with Paul Nicholls.

I think that's true of racing in general. There's no end of trainers and jockeys, including many of the greats, who are happy to interact with the punters. Football might be better off if mangers and players were the same.

I've spoke to Nicholls a few times in the pubs around here and he's always been happy to have a little chat without giving anything away.

Some transition ahead at Ditcheat with Fry already gone and Skelton on his way too.

Back