• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

How good will SS be compared to the greats?

Having only seen footage of Arkle since I've been older. Although I do remember watching him as a child. I think Sprinter could be better. No one has come near him since, read back over his record it is pretty impressive especially as he was up against Mill House another true great. Watch some of the old videos as well. I think Sprinter could well step up to 3 miles in the future and I think he would have won this years Gold Cup if he'd run in it! That's how much I rate him, don't forget Cue Card is a very good horse in his own right. At the minute I fail to see any horse beating Sprinter as long as he doesn't fall. I really hope he stays fit and healthy for years to come.

I think he could win a King George but I'm unsure whether he's a Gold Cup horse. He was blowing a fair bit after Aintree and his jumping suffers when he's not allowed to bowl along at his own pace.

I think he could win a King George but I'm unsure whether he's a Gold Cup horse. He was blowing a fair bit after Aintree and his jumping suffers when he's not allowed to bowl along at his own pace.

First time at the distance on a horrible day. Was the ground suited to him?

I felt privileged to have seen such a horse in the flesh

First time at the distance on a horrible day. Was the ground suited to him?

I felt privileged to have seen such a horse in the flesh

So you should be. Little has been made of the fact he lost a rear hind shoe during the race. He will win on any ground, I saw him last year at Cheltenham in The Arkle, I love Cue Card to pieces but he is some horse. An imposing animal.

I definitely think he could win a King George and he is bred to race over 3m so i could easily see him getting it, the Gold Cup is a different race altogether though as the hill gets to so many. The hill was one of the main reasons i had Bobs Worth down as banker material this year as i know he loves it. I'm not sure Sprinter' jumping suffers though to be honest, i think he's very clever and gets close and just pops himself over it.

Great to hear Albertas Run has been retired. A magnificent racehorse. Enjoy your retirement!

Plus Cloudy Lane and now Ballabriggs. Trevor is a lucky man to have all his stars in the Isle of Man to join Hedgehunter. They will live the life of luxury and deservedly so.

Just bagged a freebie for the second day of the Craven meeting at Newmarket on Thursday

How many days is the meeting? It may call for a tipster competition

Just the two. The two big races are the Guineas trials, the Nell Gwynne on Wednesday and the Craven on Thursday. There are a couple of other Class Ones as well, but nothing higher than a Grade 3.

You spotted him yourself last time. What happened?
I don't generally follow horses. A mate at work mentioned that he was running because he knew I bet him previously.

Ever get that feeling it's not your day, 4 bets today and 3 2nds with two of them being beaten by a head.

Puffin Billy available at evens tomorrow. Insane. Tempted to lump on.

Back