• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

Any reason? Doesn't look anything special with regards to the other runners.

I've heard very good things about Jawmiener in the 1.45 Kemp. It looks a tough ask to me from a tough draw, however I'll be having a few quid each way.

Any reason? Doesn't look anything special with regards to the other runners.

Trends. One of my mates tips again. He's developed a huge spreadsheet of all the flat trainers and their records over the past five years. If a horse regardless of past form, ground etc fits the criteria he tips it, even if its a 50/1 shot.

2.05 Haydock - Handy Andy
3.15 Haydock - Pepite Rose
2.30 Doncaster - Jack Dexter
2.20 Kempton - Robin Hoods Bay

Lucky 15 for today, Pepite Rose is the one I really fancy

A mate has tipped me about Strictly Silver in the 15:50 at Doncaster on Sat. The trainer has said if they get good ground he'll be tough to beat. Currently around 11/1.

Maybe the trainer should have listened to himself.

I see Imperial Commander is to run in the national next week. Why when a horse has won a race like the gold cup would an owner risk him in a novelty race like the grand national. I'd like to think if it was my horse I would gracefully retire him rather than risk him at top weight where he has a slim chance of success.

I see Imperial Commander is to run in the national next week. Why when a horse has won a race like the gold cup would an owner risk him in a novelty race like the grand national. I'd like to think if it was my horse I would gracefully retire him rather than risk him at top weight where he has a slim chance of success.

It's not a novelty race though within racing. Id say they want to take their chance because they have the best horse in the race who jumps well, will probably stay and on his best form is carrying 23 lbs lower than he should be. He's apparently working well at home and it will be more than likely be the last chance he will get of taking it on. They might still go to Ireland though as no decision has been made.

That and the half million pound prize money.

£975k.

You could say similar things about Neptune Collonges last season. I'll have a little bit on IC.

I do 4 days of the Cheltenham festival every year, for me the National compared to those 4 days of racing is a novelty race, and if you have a horse capable of winning the gold cup you have no business risking it in a race where it is more likely a freak incident will occur. See Synchronised last year.

Imperial Commander isn't capable of winning a Gold Cup now though. The National is a grade 3, it's the biggest National Hunt race in the world though. You can't compare the National to the whole of Cheltenham.

There are some fantastic cards at the Aintree meeting and the possibility of Sprinter Sacre, Cue Card and Flemenstar together trumps anything we saw at the festival.

Imperial Commander isn't capable of winning a Gold Cup now though. The National is a grade 3, it's the biggest National Hunt race in the world though. You can't compare the National to the whole of Cheltenham.

That's probably true, but I'd like to think if I was an owner of a gold cup winning horse I wouldn't risk it in a race like the grand national. The horse deserves better. As a kid I used to love the national, but now I see it as a race where luck is more important than ability.

Neptune Collonges class shone through last year. Sending Synchronised there last year was ridiculous because the horse really struggled with his jumping. I can see your point though and above all I want to see all the runners safe and sound.

Very highly regarded horse set to debut in the bumper or novice hurdle at Aintree for Henderson. Tistory.

Thanks for info Nando, shall look out for it. If I don't enter Darlo's comp, is because laptop playing up - love Aintree!

Usually pays to avoid horses which have run or had hard races at Cheltenham, I fancy Across The Bay (had wind op) and Big Fella Thanks for the National, would love to see Always Waining run as that might be interesting

Back