• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

Fair play to Coral, tweeted them and it's been sorted within the hour.

The Bristol/South Wales area often gets our weather soon after us. Well, at the moment there's a cold gale blowing, but the good news is that the temperature has risen noticeably in the last couple of hours, and it's really sunny! Fingers crossed for the 10.30 inspection

Not sure whether to take Dynaste on today, he should win but there's some big prices available to oppose him.

I'll mention Alderwood in The Grand Annual at 10/1. Won at the festival last year, amazing how they come back and do well year after year! He will have the services of AP, should go well.

Still like this horse for tomorrow. If he wins it will top a great week.

I'm a bit of a guesser when it comes to racing, what are you studiers thoughts on following Ruby all day?

He's got four rides for Nicholls tomorrow, who has hardly had a sniff all meeting. I can't believe he'll go all week without doing something. I'm on Silviniaco Conti in the Gold Cup, mainly because I've been backing it all year, but I'm not all that confident.

I'm hoping Nicholls finds something tomorrow too as I've backed Far West and Silviniaco Conti. But like Doog, I'm not confident judging by his runner's performances so far this week. I think Edgardo Sol is a huge price (33/1 Ladbrokes) in the County too. Never outside the top three at Cheltenham, but is towards the top of the weights and is Nicholls again.

SkyBet paying six places in the County Hurdle, Stan James four in the Triumph.

If it means I win, yes.

I have a feeling some well fancied horses will win today. I do like Alderwood in the last and I'm sure Cotton Mill will be Placed. Bigger prices, O'Faolains Boy, Our Vinnie, Tanerko Emery and in the last just for the cracic Gus Macrae. I think Bobs Worth will win the Gold Cup with Long Run placed.

I have a feeling some well fancied horses will win today. I do like Alderwood in the last and I'm sure Cotton Mill will be Placed. Bigger prices, O'Faolains Boy, Our Vinnie, Tanerko Emery and in the last just for the cracic Gus Macrae. I think Bobs Worth will win the Gold Cup with Long Run placed.

I'll either thank you or curse you later.

I'll mention Alderwood in The Grand Annual at 10/1. Won at the festival last year, amazing how they come back and do well year after year! He will have the services of AP, should go well.

Best price 8/1 now. You can get him 7/1 NRNB.

Still like this horse for tomorrow. If he wins it will top a great week.

Information was there 7th Feb for all. Wins today at 3/1. Jobs a gud un.

Last edited:
Was a cracking shout that Murphy and a very good day for you today with 5 winners. Happy with my week too particularly with Solwhit who i backed a few weeks ago and Bobs Worth who i had said would win the gold cup to anyone that would listen.

Was a cracking shout that Murphy and a very good day for you today with 5 winners. Happy with my week too particularly with Solwhit who i backed a few weeks ago and Bobs Worth who i had said would win the gold cup to anyone that would listen.

Fair play to you. Anyone who can knock in a few winners here and there through studying deserves to win. It makes me laugh when people say you can't win backing horses, I've been at it for 38 years since I was 15.

Fair play to you. Anyone who can knock in a few winners here and there through studying deserves to win. It makes me laugh when people say you can't win backing horses, I've been at it for 38 years since I was 15.

You definitely can win aslong as you're disciplined and do the research. Don't get as much time as i would like to at the minute but i put the work in this week and it paid off. Roll on Aintree now.

Couple of tips for tomorrow:

2.00 Doncaster - Cracking Lass
3.35 Doncaster - Kimberella

A mate has tipped me about Strictly Silver in the 15:50 at Doncaster on Sat. The trainer has said if they get good ground he'll be tough to beat. Currently around 11/1.

Back