• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2024/25 - Everything Not Wolves

Dead easy to pick up on the decisions made that haven't worked out and there have been many, but in doing so, and for balance, credit should be given for the things that do work out.
It would be rabid to suggest they fuck EVERYTHING up.

The accounting ledger is overwhelmingly not in their favour over the last four years, and it costs a minimum of 64% more now to watch us have a worse team than we had six years ago.

I don't know if there are five worse run clubs in the Premier League than us (there are two obvious ones and then some more debatable calls, not many of them though) so the original statement holds up.

It would be rabid to suggest they fuck EVERYTHING up.

The accounting ledger is overwhelmingly not in their favour over the last four years, and it costs a minimum of 64% more now to watch us have a worse team than we had six years ago.

I don't know if there are five worse run clubs in the Premier League than us (there are two obvious ones and then some more debatable calls, not many of them though) so the original statement holds up.
All about opinion I guess. I think it's bullshit. You and several others clearly don't. C'est la vie.

Yeah but your opinion isn't backed up by anything other than vibes.

There's a wealth of evidence to suggest that we're very poorly run.

Yeah but the Bhatti brothers, or something

It means that when the vultures come sniffing, we have better negotiating power. No different to a player.
Did he not already have a contract and when was the last manager poached from us?

Did he not already have a contract and when was the last manager poached from us?
Never is the answer to Point B.

The closest we've ever come is Mick going for an interview for the South Korea job in 2007 and it was his if he wanted it.

Yeah but your opinion isn't backed up by anything other than vibes.

There's a wealth of evidence to suggest that we're very poorly run.
Complete bollocks.
I've been around the playing and background staff over the last three weeks and seen a very happy team of people.
We sold Kilman for really good money. Fact.
We have signed some good players. Fact.
We appear to have learned from past errors in the transfer market.
We are not at risk of falling foul of FFP. And our Management team ensured that didn't happen. Fact.
Some supporters can never see any positives. Fact.

WTF does a previous manager have to do with our current situation?
And yes, he did have a contract. But it was not as solid as the one he has now should another team want to sniff around.

Since 2020 our league positions read 13th, 10th, 13th, 14th. Our squad is on wafer thin ice, a long term injury to one of RAN, Cunha or J Gomes would plunge us in to a lot of trouble.
The direction of travel of the club is in one direction.
Neto leaving without replacement leaves a massive hole in side even him playing just 20 matches massively ramps up our goal threat and points total.
Fact remains we’re one by one losing any exciting players and bringing in lesser quality.

Looks like Forest are signing Eddie Nketiah for £30m

Since 2020 our league positions read 13th, 10th, 13th, 14th. Our squad is on wafer thin ice, a long term injury to one of RAN, Cunha or J Gomes would plunge us in to a lot of trouble.
The direction of travel of the club is in one direction.
Neto leaving without replacement leaves a massive hole in side even him playing just 20 matches massively ramps up our goal threat and points total.
Fact remains we’re one by one losing any exciting players and bringing in lesser quality.
Exactly. Absolutely no reason to panic.
Completely safe from relegation every year.
Time for a lot of you to grow some balls fucking pant wetters.

Thing is I don't think we'll even get relegated this season and nor do the majority of people on here.

The Laurence Fox of TWF has all the answers though, everything is fine.

Thing is I don't think we'll even get relegated this season and nor do the majority of people on here.

The Laurence Fox of TWF has all the answers though, everything is fine.
So what's the great panic?
Sure we need better players...don't we always?
Sit back and enjoy Doc. ;)
PS. I am still angry for you that you have decided enough is enough and are not renewing. I 100% back you against the price increases.

Back