• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2024/25 - Everything Not Wolves

He is and that is why bigger clubs have been trying to get him but I reckon he doesn't have a boss that moves the goalposts more than ground staff at Compton.

Flipped back to the normal way of working after that early splurge in the transfer market against predicted income. Now in the sell...then maybe, just maybe I will give you some money, maybe I won't. Ask about players with no real idea of what your budget is.
Along with Everton, Forest and Leicester we are in the contenders for the worst run club in the PL.

I'd be asking about Tosin, not in their Europe League squad, although I'm guessing his salary will be out of range

' He doesn't care ' ?

How is that situation not going to impact ?

Along with Everton, Forest and Leicester we are in the contenders for the worst run club in the PL.
LOL...not sure how you work that out. We buy players low and sell for big profits. We have survived 7 years.
Sure, after our early successful years of two 7th placed finishes it hasn't been great but contenders for worst run? Absolute bullshit.

LOL...not sure how you work that out. We buy players low and sell for big profits. We have survived 7 years.
Sure, after our early successful years of two 7th placed finishes it hasn't been great but contenders for worst run? Absolute bullshit.
How well do you think we are being run when all they seem to be thinking about is making money and spending as little as possible.

Well run 6 years ago, "Ooo, this is easy, let's coast" seems to be the model progression

It won't take much for it to turn to shit and we end up in the Championship

How well do you think we are being run when all they seem to be thinking about is making money and spending as little as possible.

Well run 6 years ago, "Ooo, this is easy, let's coast" seems to be the model progression

It won't take much for it to turn to shit and we end up in the Championship
We have a manager who has just signed a new 4 year deal. I'm not sure he's doing that if we are so badly run.
We have a superb background staff at all levels who do some very good things in our community and for our club... that often gets overlooked.
We have a good recruitment team.
We have some talented players.
We are well within FFP.
We have ability to spend money on players to a certain degree.
We have a decent stadium.
We have a good academy.
We develop talent and then sell at a profit.
And most of all, we have a great Esports team. ;)

C'mon... let's stop all the negativity. Sure we are all concerned about the playing side and the team to differing degrees but let's not be so negative about everything. Enjoy the ride.

We treat the fans with absolute contempt.
We lie constantly in public.
We have been overseeing a managed decline of the playing squad for several years now.
We have made some of the worst signings in the entire history of the club since 2020.
We have a complete power vacuum at the club whereby one man who knows very little about football sets the entire agenda.

We're not well run in the slightest.

I don't think Gary O'Neil signing a new (relatively bumper) contract is a sign that we are well run, the fact that they chose to offer him that deal when there was absolutely no pressing need to do so would suggest the opposite. On O'Neil's side, no way is he turning it down - more money, bigger pay off if and when he gets sacked and at this point, no matter how much some Wolves fans laud him I don't see any other Premier League team calling us if they find themselves looking for a new head coach. Just this summer the likes of Leicester, Brighton, Chelsea, West Ham, Liverpool and United found themselves looking around and as far as I'm aware non of them knocked on our door

We treat the fans with absolute contempt.
We lie constantly in public.
We have been overseeing a managed decline of the playing squad for several years now.
We have made some of the worst signings in the entire history of the club since 2020.
We have a complete power vacuum at the club whereby one man who knows very little about football sets the entire agenda.

We're not well run in the slightest.
Tar everyone with the same brush. This is Jeff Shi. This is not everyone at WWFC.
As far as worst signings... damned if you do, damned if you don't. They at least spent the money but get no credit for that.

We have had far worse signings than these over the years. Even Fabio scored against the shite so that gives him a small margin of credit. And, at least Shi was prepared to back that horse.... ill advised retrospectively as it has turned out.

But paint the picture whatever you want. Reality is we are a stable club with an average, for the Prem., playing squad and we do have some excellent people in the background doing very good jobs. Naturally, football supporters always want more and better.

I do agree that Shi has been pretty awful over the last 24 months. But, how much of that is dictated by Fosun / Chinese policy we won't ever know. I do know that we could be in a far worse position without them though. But I get the general discontent partic. in view of how the disgraceful season ticket price fiasco was handled.

I don't think Gary O'Neil signing a new (relatively bumper) contract is a sign that we are well run, the fact that they chose to offer him that deal when there was absolutely no pressing need to do so would suggest the opposite. On O'Neil's side, no way is he turning it down - more money, bigger pay off if and when he gets sacked and at this point, no matter how much some Wolves fans laud him I don't see any other Premier League team calling us if they find themselves looking for a new head coach. Just this summer the likes of Leicester, Brighton, Chelsea, West Ham, Liverpool and United found themselves looking around and as far as I'm aware non of them knocked on our door
OH, so you don't think protecting our position for the future is being well run? OK.

PS. I do understand that Hurricane Debby remnants are about to hit the UK so understand the doom and gloom merchants.

I'm not going to give them credit for spending £27m on Gonçalo Guedes. I had seen him play multiple times for multiple teams over the course of a number of years and he always looked dreadful. And even if he actually was a good player (he is not), he quite obviously didn't even want to come and one proper 10 minute conversation with him rather than doing Jorge Mendes' bidding would have revealed that.

Awful management that was obviously bad even without the benefit of hindsight.

Oh and they appointed one of the worst managers with one of the thinnest CVs I've ever seen too. Again as a favour.

I'm not going to give them credit for spending £27m on Gonçalo Guedes. I had seen him play multiple times for multiple teams over the course of a number of years and he always looked dreadful. And even if he actually was a good player (he is not), he quite obviously didn't even want to come and one proper 10 minute conversation with him rather than doing Jorge Mendes' bidding would have revealed that.

Awful management that was obviously bad even without the benefit of hindsight.

Oh and they appointed one of the worst managers with one of the thinnest CVs I've ever seen too. Again as a favour.
Fine. Up to you. However, they were prepared to back whoever recommended we sign him and they did. Having seen him during the close season, strikes me he has a new attitude and that can only help. Is he good enough for the Prem? I'm already on record as saying that I don't think so, but maybe he can prove us wrong? Worst case, we shift him on.

So you put it down to awful management and use it as a noose around their necks. However, we have also signed the likes of Lemina, Dawson, Cunha etc. If signing Guedes was awful management, then was it good management to sign these players?

And, to bring up another point, we have a good manager and background staff who do some great work. It is widely acknowledged that GON has brought a new and better working relationship with the players. Surely that is good management?

And who employed GON, is that not good management?

Dead easy to pick up on the decisions made that haven't worked out and there have been many, but in doing so, and for balance, credit should be given for the things that do work out.

It was stated we are among the worst run teams in the Prem, but that statement only focuses on the negative and offers nothing to the positive. We are a reasonably well run football club. Not brilliant but not bad. And, so many teams would absolutely love to be in our position.

OH, so you don't think protecting our position for the future is being well run? OK.
What does this mean with regard to a manager? Those contracts are worth less than the paper they’re written on.

What does this mean with regard to a manager? Those contracts are worth less than the paper they’re written on.
It means that when the vultures come sniffing, we have better negotiating power. No different to a player.

Back