• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2024/25 - Everything Not Wolves

Way too many negatives there for me to answer properly but the first signing of the season was not a replacement for Neto no.

There was one too many negatives, settle down.

So the winger that was signed wasn't the right one?

The winger that was signed was not a replacement for Neto no.

Why not? They play the same position, if this guy can manage more than 25 games in the season there's a fair chance he can produce more for the team than Neto. Already looks like he could have more of an eye for goal than Neto ever has.

Do you struggle telling your left from your right Mark?
Neto played on both sides, Gomes apparently played exclusively on the right in Portugal but has only been used on the left for Wolves.

Doesn't seem like either are glued to a particular side.

Neto played on both sides, Gomes apparently played exclusively on the right in Portugal but has only been used on the left for Wolves.

Doesn't seem like either are glued to a particular side.
GON wants our wide forwards to play on the opposite side to their strongest foot. That makes Neto a wide forward on the right and Gomes left in his system. Therefore not the same position

I do have to admit I'm not usually one to look at other teams transfers and get worried but there's a hell of a lot of good business being done by our direct rivals right now.
Completely agree. I thought Fulham might struggle this season but they’ve just signed Anderson & Berge who will both improve them.

We’re being left behind.

Also, we were clearly a wide player short in the first team squad last season. Gomes was bought for that purpose, not to replace Neto. o’Neil has already said we now need to replace Pedro

We’re being left behind.
Certainly feels like it this week. All the clubs in our range seem to be doing decent business this week whereas we...

Who/where was it said the other week by a so called ITK that we had 3-4 players ready to come in once Neto left?

So he's not allowed to play wide? Has he got to stay on the bench until one of the central players needs replacing?
Your argument is that Neto has been replaced, what you are actually demonstrating is we are having to shuffle players around to do it. D+, must try harder

We want two players for every position and have continually been told this by both Gaz & Hobbs, but what we actually have, is a collection of players who could feasibly play more than one role if required, but are not amazing at any of them i.e. Hwang

Back