• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2024/25 - Everything Not Wolves

There is a clear difference in how the Left and Right sided forwards will be used. Sarabia for example could not do the job currently being asked of Rodrigo on the left. It's not as simple as having depth for 'wide players'.

You currently only have Rodrigo & Chiquinho being considered for the left side. Now in my opinion Chiquinho needs to be replaced/upgraded so yes we do need a wide player for that position (without ever seeing him play I'm assuming that this is what Forbs is being earmarked for).

On the right you have Sarabia, Podence & Bellegarde (Hwang/Guedes could do a job but not ideal). If Sarabia & Podence stay then we won't sign anyone for that role. If they leave they'll be replaced.

Gomes isn't a naturally right sided player. And he didn't 0kay on the right in Portugal, he player at RWB on occasion or left forward.

We haven't got a natural right sided winger other than maybe Chiquinho.

There is a clear difference in how the Left and Right sided forwards will be used. Sarabia for example could not do the job currently being asked of Rodrigo on the left. It's not as simple as having depth for 'wide players'.

You currently only have Rodrigo & Chiquinho being considered for the left side. Now in my opinion Chiquinho needs to be replaced/upgraded so yes we do need a wide player for that position (without ever seeing him play I'm assuming that this is what Forbs is being earmarked for).

On the right you have Sarabia, Podence & Bellegarde (Hwang/Guedes could do a job but not ideal). If Sarabia & Podence stay then we won't sign anyone for that role. If they leave they'll be replaced.
* maybe replaced

Gomes isn't a naturally right sided player. And he didn't 0kay on the right in Portugal, he player at RWB on occasion or left forward.

I don't know where you've got all that from but it's all wrong

You never cease to amaze me how wrong you are about players.

Trippier has told Newcastle he wants to leave, which seems odd.

Everton apparently interested. Source - The Athletic.

This transfer window has been weird.

Your argument is that Neto has been replaced, what you are actually demonstrating is we are having to shuffle players around to do it. D+, must try harder

Maybe he wants to shuffle the deck? Maybe GON wasn't happy with his options last year and felt he had too much squarish legs in roundish holes? Perhaps he thinks he can get people in better positions with a few changes to the squad and the reshuffle you pour scorn in is actually intentional?

Or you could just throw a massive strop about Neto leaving like a toddler losing their favorite toy.

Oh good! We get to see Hwang be really good at trapping the ball 15 yards or passing the ball straight out of play then.

He's played well from wide positions in the past - those positions should actually see him playing with his back to goal (where he seems to struggle more with his touch in my opinion) less than if he was playing centrally.

Trippier has told Newcastle he wants to leave, which seems odd.

Everton apparently interested. Source - The Athletic.

This transfer window has been weird.
Dropped for Livramento at the weekend. Plus there's some personal stuff which if you read Twitter you are probably aware of

Everton need a RB as Coleman is falling to bits and Ashley Young is a fucking joke.

Spending a ridiculous amount on Trippier (wages wise) who is also on the decline seems less than ideal.

Completely agree. I thought Fulham might struggle this season but they’ve just signed Anderson & Berge who will both improve them.

We’re being left behind.
In isolation, yes - losing Tosin and Palinha, probably weaker.

In isolation, yes - losing Tosin and Palinha, probably weaker.
Palhinha to Berge is quite the drop too.

I'd say they are stronger with Andersen and ESR in the team but up front they are light.

I'd say they are stronger with Andersen and ESR in the team but up front they are light.

Depends on Muniz really. If it was just a flash of good form then they will be, if he's the real deal then they start to look strong all over.

Agreed. I do like Muniz, though - but time will tell if he was a bit of a flash in the pan. Raul, unfortunately, is about as much use as Costa was to us - much as I love the bloke.

Depends on Muniz really. If it was just a flash of good form then they will be, if he's the real deal then they start to look strong all over.
Ok, that's really fucking weird. Posted at the exact same time and we even used the same phrase :ROFLMAO:

Back