• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2024/25 - Everything Not Wolves

Ipswich signing England's finest, Kalvin Phillips on loan for the season

That's a decent signing for them if he can recover some of his Leeds form, isnt it?
If they get the Leeds/Southgate version then its a great signing.
If they get the version West Ham had, then not so good

Last edited:
Leeds paid £25m for him so they were never gonna let him go cheap, and it seems the £40m is his release clause.
That expired last night. Last minute dive for the line from Brighton

Leeds fans are Wolves/Shi levels of raging at their owners at the moment

Can't see Farke being there in three months time, they were absolutely dreadful last night (albeit not at full strength).

That's a decent signing for them if he can recover some of his Leeds form, isnt it?

How long ago is that though, he didn't even play much in his final season there...

I don’t remember him really being especially good there, either. Remember there was already hype around him as a future England star when I first saw him and I was never able to think anything other than “…this guy?”

The move to City always seemed bizarre for all parties to me (except Leeds’ bank account I suppose).

I don’t remember him really being especially good there, either. Remember there was already hype around him as a future England star when I first saw him and I was never able to think anything other than “…this guy?”
First time we saw him was him putting a hole in Kev McDonald's ankle on his debut and he should have been sent off. Just looked like a dreadful clogger, which he was until Bielsa came in.

A couple of good years under El Loco but diabolical and unfit ever since.

First time we saw him was him putting a hole in Kev McDonald's ankle on his debut and he should have been sent off. Just looked like a dreadful clogger, which he was until Bielsa came in.

A couple of good years under El Loco but diabolical and unfit ever since.
I hear what you and Al are saying but personally if I was in Ipswich's position, I'd be taking a punt on loan.

Depends on the finances involved of course. Theoretically he should be a better version of what Morsy is, but Morsy is also a big leader in that dressing room.

I don't think he's ever going to be a difference maker. At his absolute best he can form an efficient part of a midfield which has better players around him, he's more Mark Atkins than Joao Moutinho.

I hear what you and Al are saying but personally if I was in Ipswich's position, I'd be taking a punt on loan.
Fair, from my perspective it looks like more of a fumble than a punt but thems opinions innit

Marco Reus signs for LA Galaxy.

Back