• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2024/25 - Everything Not Wolves

There's no fucking way (and damn the tweet Booz linked feels really harsh on old Miggy; I know he hasn't pulled up trees but fuck, dude).

Also god damn, Fab is eating Tom Bogert's lunch today with all these scoops!

Last edited:
They have Cole Palmer on a NINE (vidiprinter) year contract too which surely shouldn't be allowed. The amount of financial chicanery they're being allowed to get away with is ridiculous.

They have Cole Palmer on a NINE (vidiprinter) year contract too which surely shouldn't be allowed. The amount of financial chicanery they're being allowed to get away with is ridiculous.
Doesn't matter the length of the contract they can only amortise over 5 years for PSR purposes.

I've no idea why they've given him a longer contract unless they are deferring bonus payments over a longer length or back loading a higher wage a la American football contracts, which I'm not sure is even allowed.

Doesn't matter the length of the contract they can only amortise over 5 years for PSR purposes.

I've no idea why they've given him a longer contract unless they are deferring bonus payments over a longer length or back loading a higher wage a la American football contracts, which I'm not sure is even allowed.

Not sure if Palmer is one of the ones they signed on those ridiculous contracts before the PL closed the loophole. They were definitely doing that to amortise over 7/8/9 years at one point.

Not sure if Palmer is one of the ones they signed on those ridiculous contracts before the PL closed the loophole. They were definitely doing that to amortise over 7/8/9 years at one point.
He signed it yesterday

He signed an extension to his current contract yesterday - so they might still be loop holing

AFAIK the max is 5 years for PSR but the amortised length still counts for the other financial and accounting.

Or so I read. Not sure how that works tbh.

Not sure how that works tbh.

Not sure any of the regulating bodies do either unfortunately. Look at this Mamardashvili deal. Liverpool, Valencia & Bournemouth have banded together to agree to loan him to Bournemouth this season and then sell him permanently to Liverpool next summer. An obvious way to get around the rule preventing PL clubs loaning a player they have signed in the same window. There's nothing they can do to stop it though because the rules aren't fit for purpose.

I'd happily get involved in those shenanigans if we can bin Sa for a decent fee and then take a keeper of that level on for a season or two.

One time target Boulaye Dia is off to Lazio

Back