• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2017/18 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool reject Barcelona's latest offer for Coutinho said to be in the region of £115million. This is fun.

I hope they keep hold of him. Firstly for the reason those in PTG will know and secondly because Barca's bullying tactics deserve to get shoved where the sun don't shine

Pretty wild that when all other transfer fees seem to be a bit nuts that Blaise Matuidi can still go for under value at 20m.

Matuidi is 30 though and his game is all about energy. He'll do fine for Juve for a couple of years but it's dead money.

winston reid signs 6-year deal at west ham..he hasnt been good for the last two seasons though :) insane

Matuidi is 30 though and his game is all about energy. He'll do fine for Juve for a couple of years but it's dead money.
Fuck me, is he really? I thought he was 25 at he absolute oldest.

matuidi is still a great player..30 is no age

I like Matuidi but Dan's right, his energy is what puts him above other leggy midfielders in the world (look at Charles Kondogbia as an example). When his stamina starts to go he'll have to seriously reinvent himself, and Andrea Pirlo he ain't.

I like Matuidi but Dan's right, his energy is what puts him above other leggy midfielders in the world (look at Charles Kondogbia as an example). When his stamina starts to go he'll have to seriously reinvent himself, and Andrea Pirlo he ain't.

i think he has more in his locker than energy TBH..he is good both def and att..if you just need energy players than there is a few around in the world of football..

I didn't say that energy is all he has.

That his energy is what puts him above being just a good midfielder.

wow, edwards has energy too..i guess PSG would sign any type of player that has energy

Edwards brings almost nothing else to the table.

Take energy away from Edwards and you get a League Two player. Take energy away from Matuidi and you still get a top division player, but probably not playing for the biggest clubs in those divisions.

Edwards brings almost nothing else to the table.

Take energy away from Edwards and you get a League Two player. Take energy away from Matuidi and you still get a top division player, but probably not playing for the biggest clubs in those divisions.

I guess the scouts at Juventus will not agree with you... :)

i dont think edwards is a league two player btw being a wales international but hey ho

I guess the scouts at Juventus will not agree with you... :)

Like I say, I like Matuidi a lot and don't think he's a bad signing for Juve. But when his legs start to go I'm not exactly sure what's left of him.

As for Edwards getting called up for Wales, when they're calling up actual League Two players (hello, Tom Lockyer), well, it makes my point for me.

Why should his legs go at 30? It is almost prime..edwards is better than league two even if we have better players now..come on

Been sipping the øl tonight, Fred? I don't think you're quite understanding me.

Been sipping the øl tonight, Fred? I don't think you're quite understanding me.
No, dont quite understand, if they have signed a player just with energy as main attribute, or a player that legs gone and no talent or what do you actually mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back