• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2014/15 - Everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alderweireld on loan to Southampton.

Poor Leeds!!

It turns out they only agreed to sell Matt Smith to Fulham after agreeing a deal for Becchio to replace him. The Smith deal went through first but then Becchio snubbed Leeds right at the death to sign for Rotherham instead!!!! :icon_lol:

McGoldrick's price went up to £11m! Unreal.

There's talk about Falcao being permanent from the off now.

That would explain the delay. If you are spending the enormous fee then you want to be able to do a more thorough medical.

Good for Leeds. Bad move to Norwich, I guess. Much better player than our alternatives to Dicko in my book. However, I can wait and see who we get on loan

I know the loan window will soon be open, but genuinely surprised we haven't brought a forward in. Of the deals done Becchio is the player I would have liked along with Murray if he is over his injury and the price was right. If Dicko were to get injured I have no doubt we'd bring someone in straight away, but that would have to be who is available at that point in time, so we are relying on an element of luck there. I understand the stated desire that anyone we sign has to be good enough to replace one of the first 11, but in this one position I think we should be looking to improve what we have below Dicko, if they are better than him than great, but in reality need to be an upgrade on Clarke. I'm hoping someone is already lined up, but a deal couldn't be done just yet, for instance Leicester signed Lawrence and Powell very late on so perhaps Wood might be available in a couple of weeks.

I would like to know if KJ is comfortable with the situation, if so then I trust his judgement, if not (and we'll never know this), then I'd be disappointed if he felt he hadn't been supported by the Board.

Overall though a decent window. 3 players signed to be genuine first 11 contenders and 4 high earners off the books - 3 permanently, and one until Jan at least, when someone will pick him up on a free worse case I would imagine.

Sky Sports News:

Aston Villa made a bid to sign Tom Cleverley on loan late last night, are awaiting a decision from the Premier League.

Sky Sports News:

Aston Villa made a bid to sign Tom Cleverley on loan late last night, are awaiting a decision from the Premier League.
Strange goings on yesterday, Cleverley told Villa NO. He was keen on Everton, Everton pulled the plug he returned to Old Trafford, they said find another club, Hello Villa are you still interested.

Cleverley did join Villa last night after all on a season long loan deal.

Poor Villa fans,they thought they'd dodged the bullet last night. ;)

Welbeck injured :icon_lol:

(Obviously I'm laughing at the timing for Arsenal!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back