• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2014/15 - Everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack Rodwell off to Sunderland. Yet another player to leave a decent club for a big club only to end up at an even smaller club than originally.

Jack Rodwell off to Sunderland. Yet another player to leave a decent club for a big club only to end up at an even smaller club than originally.

Try telling a Mackam that Sunderland are a "small" team

Lascelles and Darlow off to Newcastle but straight back on loan to Forest apparently. Pearce not happy.

Came across this on my 'travels' ;)

Bt35xljCcAIZ_kF.jpg

Van Gaal set to inform the squad who does not fit into his plans.

I expect Young, Nani, Fellaini, Smalling and Hernandez to get the chop. Possibly Kagawa as there would definitely be takers and they don't really need him. Rafael eventually too as he'll get bored of his constant injuries and dreadful attitude, but not yet as they need to sign a replacement first.

Kagawa definitely. Young has supposedly being playing well in the wing-back role though. Unless they buy another winger like Vidal I can see them needing him. Same with Smalling.

I really don't think they'll stick with that formation long term. All it'll take is a couple of 0-0 draws at Old Trafford where the three centre halves are stood around doing nothing all game and it'll get binned.

As football managers are sheep, loads of teams are trialling it/talking it up as an option this summer. It'll fail 95%+ of the time and be quietly shelved.

Van Gaal seems a stubborn bastard though. Unless he gets in the players to change it I think he'll stick with it.

I am sure he will buy Strootman either in January or next summer. So long term - him sitting with Herrera, Rooney/Januzaj/Mata as the three AMs, then RvP up top? Shaw and AN Other new RB can still bomb on.

Means sticking Rooney wide but he'll just have to deal with that.

If - and it's a big if, and a mistake if he does IMO - stick with it, he could probably use Carrick as one of three centre halves. They need someone much more comfortable on the ball than Evans/Jones/Smalling anyway. A bit surprised he didn't go for De Vrij.

The main reason he wants to play it is so he can play both of Rooney and van Persie. I'll be interested to see if it works.

Kagawa can go as long as I still get to read Evil Shinji tweets. He deserves better.

Ashley Young has been United's best player by some distance this preseason.

Im pretty confident Young will stay :) ..I think van gaal likes him..he runs a lot and have good crosses, corners has been good defensively too and kept the ball with 4-5 goals also..decent pickup in PTG ;)

It will likely be Shaw and Valencia/Rafael in the wing-back roles.

naah young will play regularly

meanwhile jones concedes a pen on sterling in the final

gerrard scores it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back