• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2014/15 - Everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swansea have completed a deal with St Étienne to sign Franck Tabanou for €5m, according to L'Équipe.

Reports suggest Al Jazira are prepared to offer Roma €15m to lure Gervinho to the United Arab Emirates.

West Bromwich reached an agreement with Real Madrid for the transfer of Cristian Benavente (RM Castilla) for 5M with buy-back option [Marca]
Benavente contract with West Bromwich will be for 3 years long with buy-back clause for RM in the future.

Real Betis are close to signing of Rafael van der Vaart on a Bosman free transfer from Hamburg.

Last edited:
As if Liverpool didn't have enough defenders who were 2nd best at their "old" club, they've now apparently put in a bid for Angelo Ogbonna.

Nothing wrong with Angelo.

He'd be a good signing. They'd obviously pay through the nose for him in traditional Liverpool fashion though.

Don't get me wrong, I like him and he was good at Torino but he's been a complete non-factor at Juve.

If I'd given an inept chancer of a manager £20m in each of the last two summers to go and buy a centre half, and both times he'd signed someone who turned out to be an utter calamity, I wouldn't be especially inclined to go and give him a third attempt at it.

If I'd given an inept chancer of a manager £20m in each of the last two summers to go and buy a centre half, and both times he'd signed someone who turned out to be an utter calamity, I wouldn't be especially inclined to go and give him a third attempt at it.

Nobody on the red side of Liverpool agrees with you about Sakho. For some reason.

It's almost as if they insanely overrate their own players.

scouseboombustcycle1.jpg

Sakho is a joke of a defender, I've never seen a supposedly elite player have so little composure on the ball and you can guarantee he'll offer up at least one easy chance a game. Just what you need.

Unfortunately the stats seem to favor him but I agree that to the eye he is a tragedy of a defender.

But that chart is exactly why I despise Liverpool. The whole "You'll Never Walk Alone" thing is such a farce.

The sensible signing for Liverpool would be Jose Fonte plonk him next to Dejan Lovren and just keep it steady for a couple of seasons.

The sensible signing for Liverpool would be Jose Fonte plonk him next to Dejan Lovren and just keep it steady for a couple of seasons.

Meant as a real question, when's the last time a central defender lost his mojo and actually gained it back? I can't think of such an occurrence. Also, I know you're speaking facetiously.

Meant as a real question, when's the last time a central defender lost his mojo and actually gained it back? I can't think of such an occurrence. Also, I know you're speaking facetiously.

Pique is looking at a lot better this season after a couple of ropey years.

Lovren was made to look good by Southampton having a superb central midfield pairing who are brilliant at shielding their back four. Schneiderlein is going to be a wonderful signing for United if the rumors are true. He's a magnificent player.

Chuck Lovren behind Pool's midfield and he looks ordinary.No surprise there as he's been an ordinary player for most of his career.

Pique is looking at a lot better this season after a couple of ropey years.

Ah, that's a good shout. Interesting that it's come mostly with Mascherano at the back (though I still think he's wasted as a CB).

Lovren was made to look good by Southampton having a superb central midfield pairing who are brilliant at shielding their back four. Schneiderlein is going to be a wonderful signing for United if the rumors are true. He's a magnificent player.

Chuck Lovren behind Pool's midfield and he looks ordinary.No surprise there as he's been an ordinary player for most of his career.

Not to brag but I didn't see what all the hype with him was about to begin with.

Richard Stearman? Loaned out and seemed on his way, double player of the year.
Jody Craddock? Loaned out and seemed to be on his way, came back in and did really well especially in the Premier League survival season :easy:

I know, hardly "top quality" defenders but did regain their mojo

There are rumors abound that Pique's revival have been linked with his toned down sex life...

Lescott has just won Albion's Player of the Season award too after two years of doing not much at City.

Lescott has just won Albion's Player of the Season award too after two years of doing not much at City.

He was never bad, though (not in my estimation, anyway). Couple high profile mistakes.

Richard Stearman? Loaned out and seemed on his way, double player of the year.
Jody Craddock? Loaned out and seemed to be on his way, came back in and did really well especially in the Premier League survival season :easy:

I know, hardly "top quality" defenders but did regain their mojo

Craddock was before my time so I'll take your word.

Stearman got pegged next to Roger Johnson so forgiven, then at RB so forgiven again. But you're not really wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back