• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

@Boozad

I had no idea your missus’ was a CLT supporter! 😁

Congrats to you both, may your future together be as lovely as the day itself!

@Boozad

I had no idea your missus’ was a CLT supporter! 😁

Congrats to you both, may your future together be as lovely as the day itself!
If I explained what CLT was she probably still wouldn’t get it! Nobody picked up that the teal was our 22/23 away kit (which was when we arranged the date), quite a few picked up on the black and gold though. And it was all Helen’s idea.

The Toastmaster, who was amazing all the way through, dropped the bombshell at the end that while he was born in Wolverhampton his dad was born in Smethwick, and he was a life long Baggie. The look on some of the faces in the room was priceless. Except for Helen’s brother-in-law who actually wore an Albion tie. I was borderline refusing to let him in.

Just got on the Caledonian Sleeper after sitting in the Lounge for 2.5 hours drinking Galswegin, the best gin I’ve ever tasted. This is absolutely banging, the room is tiny but fucking brilliant.
I’ve always wanted to do that - sleeper trains are ace. Enjoy the honeymoon!

Same, actually priced up the Caledonian Sleeper last year. It's not cheap so we did something different but it's definitely on the list of great train journeys I want to do.

The Caledonian Sleeper was an experience but we had a terrible night’s sleep, mainly because Helen had an upset stomach and nothing to do with the train itself.

The first day in Portessie we mainly spent dozing to catch up on some sleep but an evening walk down the coast to fetch a few groceries offered some stunning scenery.

IMG_6681.jpeg
IMG_6680.jpeg
IMG_6678.jpeg
IMG_6677.jpeg

seems the specific thread was culled, so booked in for derren browns new tour next year. going to the grand in april.

The honeymoon was unbelievable, Scotland is a magnificent place and we’ll be going back there as often as possible. Some stunning sights, way too many things to do and see and some phenomenal whiskies. Loved every single second.

Looking forward to a few days of little to no driving though. I did all of the driving to give Helen a break and on Sunday we went to Cromarty for a boat trip looking for dolphins (we saw fuck all) and that was a five hour round trip. Then Monday we drove back from Buckie to Hertfordshire in a fucking Fiat 500 after Enterprise screwed us over, bastards. 567 miles and an estimated time of 9 hours and 50 minutes. Road closures just past Stirling added another hour on and jams on the M6 past Carlisle, just before Liverpool and just after the toll added another hour. Then we were diverted past Coventry to the M40 as there had been a smash on the M1 which would have added another 45 minutes. 12 hours in total in what felt like a sardine tin.
I got that pissed off I managed to get 95 out of it for a fair way to try and make some time up and there must have been a few drivers seeing their nice big Beemers, Jags, Mercs etc being dusted by a Fiat 500!
Then the final drive back from Hertfordshire to Wolves this morning (thankfully back in my own car) which was pretty smooth in all fairness. It was a bloody lot of driving to do in a short space of time though and while I enjoyed most of it I’ll be happy just to tootle to work and back the next couple of days.

Actually, being back at work tomorrow does NOT belong in this thread!

The honeymoon was unbelievable, Scotland is a magnificent place and we’ll be going back there as often as possible. Some stunning sights, way too many things to do and see and some phenomenal whiskies. Loved every single second.

Looking forward to a few days of little to no driving though. I did all of the driving to give Helen a break and on Sunday we went to Cromarty for a boat trip looking for dolphins (we saw fuck all) and that was a five hour round trip. Then Monday we drove back from Buckie to Hertfordshire in a fucking Fiat 500 after Enterprise screwed us over, bastards. 567 miles and an estimated time of 9 hours and 50 minutes. Road closures just past Stirling added another hour on and jams on the M6 past Carlisle, just before Liverpool and just after the toll added another hour. Then we were diverted past Coventry to the M40 as there had been a smash on the M1 which would have added another 45 minutes. 12 hours in total in what felt like a sardine tin.
I got that pissed off I managed to get 95 out of it for a fair way to try and make some time up and there must have been a few drivers seeing their nice big Beemers, Jags, Mercs etc being dusted by a Fiat 500!
Then the final drive back from Hertfordshire to Wolves this morning (thankfully back in my own car) which was pretty smooth in all fairness. It was a bloody lot of driving to do in a short space of time though and while I enjoyed most of it I’ll be happy just to tootle to work and back the next couple of days.

That's an epic drive mate. In the early 2000s I did leeds to Paisley (for a meeting) to Maidenhead (for next day meeting) in about 14 hours, but that was driving an Omega.

That's an epic drive mate. In the early 2000s I did leeds to Paisley (for a meeting) to Maidenhead (for next day meeting) in about 14 hours, but that was driving an Omega.
It really was a monster stint! I stopped once at Carlisle but then just pushed on. Helen did offer to take over a couple of times but I was fine so just carried on. The only problem I had at the end was my knees were killing and my right hand felt like I’d been on a pneumatic drill for hours. I was well proud of getting 95 out of that thing though :LOL:

Glad that the honeymoon went well @Boozad . When can I take the gaffer tape off of my monitor ;) ?

I know an idiot who very recently went on a 2800 mile round trip from the Midlands to Southern Spain as he hadn't driven abroad before, didn't want to turn up at an airport in the middle of the night, hire a car he wan't used to and drive on the other side of the road in the dark. To make matters worse it was in a fully electric vehicle.

Glad that the honeymoon went well @Boozad . When can I take the gaffer tape off of my monitor ;) ?

I know an idiot who very recently went on a 2800 mile round trip from the Midlands to Southern Spain as he hadn't driven abroad before, didn't want to turn up at an airport in the middle of the night, hire a car he wan't used to and drive on the other side of the road in the dark. To make matters worse it was in a fully electric vehicle.
I've done leeds to Cartegena and back in a Volvo 244...

Also leeds to Blanes (Costa Brava) and back in a Mondeo...

Both trips with a couple of weeks holiday in between!!

How long did that take you?

How long did that take you?

Had an additional stop off on the way as I wouldn't have arrived on time to collect the keys to the apartment we were staying at after being stuck in traffic in the Montpellier region for about 3 hours. It should have been 44 hours door to door, would have got there in 47. On the way back I did it in 42 hours with one stop over.

Haha, that's pretty normal for our hols,xwe plan stops on route 1, 2 or 3 days. Currently at the end of a trip round Netherlands and Northern Germany, it'll end up being about 2000 miles but with 5 or 6 stops.

Glad you had a great time, we love Scotland, luckily my lad now lives in Fife so a perfect stop over on the way North.

Back