• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Westward ho! Staying at Woolacombe but free car charging all week, so out somewhere different every day. :D

Lad moved to St Ives about 3 months ago not seen him since, meeting up at Bude tomorrow.

Last edited:
Westward ho! Staying at Woolacombe but free car charging all week, so out somewhere different every day. :D

Lad moved to St Ives about 3 months ago not seen him since, meeting up at Bude tomorrow.
Some of our favorite areas. Woolacombe, Staunton Sands, Bude, Instow, Braunton Burrows, Harlyn Bay, Rock, Perrinporth. Off to Cornwall in 40 days. Can’t wait.

Off to Butlins Minehead tomorrow, my youngest Granddaughter has just turned 15 and we’ve been going every year (apart from pandemic) since she was 6 weeks old, I know it ain’t a bucket list holiday for most but you know me I don’t do bucket list holidays.
Anyway, I’ve been to the Wineseller at Compton, got a crate of Bathams and a crate of Glow, so sorted till about Sunday ;).
Jobs a good un, happy days.

Just booked Italy for September. Used to go most years but not been since September 2019. Land back into Brum at 2.25 on Saturday 28th, we play Liverpool at home at 5.30

Just fallen upon this thread and I find a set of great reminders of an immense experience I was lucky to have as joint leader of a school exchange trip from Penn in Wolverhampton to Oregon, Washington and British Columbia over 35 years ago. Visits around Portland, and to Seattle, Vancouver, Mt. St Helens, Mt. Hood, the High Desert, the coast at Seaside and the Columbia river were spectacular but the homestays in Portland were an outstanding example of American hospitality at its best. Happy days.

Just done my first cycling tour with a group of mates.

Epsom to Bishop’s Stortford on Thursday, 65 miles, almost all off road, right through central London twisting and turning along trails and towpaths, across Tower Bridge then up to Stortford.

35 Miles BS to Cambridge yesterday, some tough rolling countryside and up into the old city to have a mooch around and a good night out.

55 miles Cambridge to Kings Lynn today, out across the fens for a high speed blast across the flat wilderness. You sometimes just need that contrasting shot in the arm now and again.

Not much left in the tank now and feeling pretty mullered so a late night in ‘spoons for a good leathering at £2.65 a pint was perfect.

Awesome weather, awesome trip. Some right good laughs with a fucking tight group and life feels good.

Will sleep like a baby tonight.

Just done my first cycling tour with a group of mates.

Epsom to Bishop’s Stortford on Thursday, 65 miles, almost all off road, right through central London twisting and turning along trails and towpaths, across Tower Bridge then up to Stortford.

35 Miles BS to Cambridge yesterday, some tough rolling countryside and up into the old city to have a mooch around and a good night out.

55 miles Cambridge to Kings Lynn today, out across the fens for a high speed blast across the flat wilderness. You sometimes just need that contrasting shot in the arm now and again.

Not much left in the tank now and feeling pretty mullered so a late night in ‘spoons for a good leathering at £2.65 a pint was perfect.

Awesome weather, awesome trip. Some right good laughs with a fucking tight group and life feels good.

Will sleep like a baby tonight.
Great stuff! Cycle touring is the best form of cycling 🙂 A world of adventure awaits!

Couple more for ya, I’ll stop boring you now. But it was the most beautiful, intense and emotional day I’ve ever known. Multiple grown men crying throughout the day for bloody good reason, not least Cass singing Songbird for the first dance with the voice of an absolute angel and Helen’s daughter’s speech really put dust in the eyes.

IMG_6562.jpeg

IMG_6563.jpeg

IMG_6564.jpeg

IMG_6565.jpeg

IMG_6566.jpeg

IMG_6567.jpeg

IMG_6568.jpeg

Last edited:
Back