• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Bugger all here. Cold though. Like you would expect at this altitude in July. Which is what I said.

Spent the day with my 2 granddaughters, 2 and 9, plus one of my grandsons 5 (and the missus) at Carding Mill Valley. Lots of dam building and destroying, pooh sticks, ice creams etc.
Doesn't get much better for me. Especially
poignant given recent events.

Spent the day with my 2 granddaughters, 2 and 9, plus one of my grandsons 5 (and the missus) at Carding Mill Valley. Lots of dam building and destroying, pooh sticks, ice creams etc.
Doesn't get much better for me. Especially
poignant given recent events.
Yep, as said we spent Saturday to Monday in Yorkshire with our cheeky toddler Athena and took her to Yorkshire Sculpture Park on Sunday and had a lovely day. They bring such joy with their innocence and playfulness. Eternal damnation to any cunt that harms them

Had an email from British Gas telling me I’m paying too much for my fuel usage (no shit) and my bill is going from £227p/m to £71p/m on August 21st. Just the slight overpayment there.

Had an email from British Gas telling me I’m paying too much for my fuel usage (no shit) and my bill is going from £227p/m to £71p/m on August 21st. Just the slight overpayment there.
I assume they have lots of your money in their account then?

Can you ask them to send the 190 quid I had on my prepay meter last week that vanished when I had to have it replaced last Thursday? Engineer reckoned it would re credit the new one within 24 hours.

On line chat fucking useless. :(

I had £600 in my favour until an abnormal bill wiped it all out. Not problem with the meter though when checked...

I remember when I moved house 14 years ago and was with nPower at the old place, pre paid on gas and electric. I called them up and told them about the change of address and to go DD as the new place wasn’t pre pay, they said “Yeah no problem as long as you pay the £1,600 you owe us”. I had no idea how I could owe them that having been on pre pay but they reckoned they’d set the tariff on both meters wrong so I wasn’t paying enough. Cunts.

Fuck that, you can get that back, it's your money, your interest.
See this is the thing, a couple of months ago I wasn’t in credit, I was about £70 in arrears. Where did that £590 come from? Helen has had the same readjustment although she wasn’t paying as much as me, I just see this as rebalancing the extortionate price hikes of the past couple of years (I still think we’ve just repaying the COVID furlough money through it, tin foil hat I know) and soon enough that £590 credit will disappear so my bills will go up again. At the moment I’ll take the £150p/m gain and just keep an eye on it.

Received a letter from DWP today, headline states, Get your State Pension.
I'm guessing it means do all the admin now so it can start being paid on my 66th birthday in November.

Down Woolacombe for the week, found out the site I'm staying at has a free EV charger, so charged at home, got here without topping up, topped up last night and booked in from Friday teatime to re charge.

600 miles minimum by the time I get home and cost me about 12 quid.:)

See this is the thing, a couple of months ago I wasn’t in credit, I was about £70 in arrears. Where did that £590 come from? Helen has had the same readjustment although she wasn’t paying as much as me, I just see this as rebalancing the extortionate price hikes of the past couple of years (I still think we’ve just repaying the COVID furlough money through it, tin foil hat I know) and soon enough that £590 credit will disappear so my bills will go up again. At the moment I’ll take the £150p/m gain and just keep an eye on it.
Had the new BG bill through yesterday and just thought I'd check my account off hand as they'd already told me I was well in credit by £590, had a look and I was now in credit by £850. Looks like they've been crediting all of my last three payments back onto my account so I've requested £550 back and left a £300 buffer in there. I'll take that.

Back