• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

My wife and I are currently expecting our first child, and today was the 12 week scan. Was nervous and excited, hoping everything was going to be ok and happy to report that all seems fine with baby, with a strong heartbeat.

Very excited to finally meet him/her!
Excellent news, genuinely delighted for the pair of you :)

Congratulations Rob (& more importantly Mrs)

When the little one arrives you will have moments of panic & worry, but also enormous amount of joy & happiness - not long ago had a video call with my 10 mth old grandson (it was with his mum's assistance) as soon as was on screen get a big smile as he recognises me.

Thanks everyone :)

Can't wait to be a Dad tbh - I waited for years until the time felt right, but now I'm ready for it.
The question is - knowing what I know, do I inflict a life of never-ending anxiety and pain on the child by registering it as a Wolves fan???

Can't wait to be a Dad tbh - I waited for years until the time felt right, but now I'm ready for it.
The question is - knowing what I know, do I inflict a life of never-ending anxiety and pain on the child by registering it as a Wolves fan???
Get on the club shop and buy your Wolves sleepsuits, bibs etc and just accept its happening.

Absolute-bloody-lutely. It’s your duty to pass it on. Runs in our family as much as wearing glasses does - it’s a bit shit but after a while you get used to it and would be lost without them.

How dare you even consider any possible alternative, tbh.

The wonderful thing, i've found with my kids anyway, is that for a few years they will be into whatever Dad is into.

During the world cup a teacher asked one of my girls if she was supporting england during the world cup, and she said "no, i support wolves!" and was so proud to tell me when she came home from school. She's only 5 so totally understandable that she might not get how these things work yet!

Can’t be worse than having you as a dad 😉

I don't know of this should be in the happy or annoying thread, but since last Monday I've bought, then secretly eaten and replaced, the kids easter eggs. Twice.

What the fuck is it about about chocolate that makes it approximately 158% nicer when it's a; in an egg shape and b; somebody else's

I don't know of this should be in the happy or annoying thread, but since last Monday I've bought, then secretly eaten and replaced, the kids easter eggs. Twice.

What the fuck is it about about chocolate that makes it approximately 158% nicer when it's a; in an egg shape and b; somebody else's
All seems perfectly reasonable to me, no doubt by the end of April you'll be on a 800 calories a day diet so all is OK.

My brothers nephew is an extremely talented golfer. Plays off +3. He has come up for the weekend as there is a foundation pro tour event here. He went out for a practice round today and shot 68. In the tournament I’m his caddie. Really excited about it!

Well the golf was a great experience. I’m going to caddy the second day of the tournament too. Absolutely cooked but brutal conditions with a 40km/h wind. Probably way too far back to get any pots but we had an absolute ball. Jordan hits the ball a fucking mile. I paced his drive out on 17 at 337 metres. That is a driver and a six iron for me!!!

Golf is measured in yards Paddy. 368 yards. Which is a hell of a drive yes! It's about rhr same for me, driver plus 7 iron.

Walking and carrying a full bag round is exhausting. Don't think I could ever do it at my age now.

Back