• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Well the golf was a great experience. I’m going to caddy the second day of the tournament too. Absolutely cooked but brutal conditions with a 40km/h wind. Probably way too far back to get any pots but we had an absolute ball. Jordan hits the ball a fucking mile. I paced his drive out on 17 at 337 metres. That is a driver and a six iron for me!!!
I hope you don't give him your club selection when advising him...

Not a chance! He hit a low fizzing 2 iron under the wind that just went forever. Incredible to see

A bit like John Daly with 3 pitching wedges (50°, 54° & 60°) in his bag?

He can weave magic with a sixty degree wedge. Amazing. Low, punch spin, flop that almost goes up his own nose. I wish I had a tenth of his talent. But he needs to have a calmer head to win. Bad shot bothers him for too many shots afterwards. But he is only 18 so there is time.

I mean, this.

My sister has a PhD in pharmacology and is studying to become a consultant diagnostician and was telling me about some recent trials that have been done where they've located the biomarkers for cancer rather than actual cancer cells which don't form until further down the line. This test has had a 100% hit rate with no false positives/negatives so far and will be an immense leap forward in cancer screening if they can replicate the results in bigger trials.

You're forgetting gap wedges too from the iron set.

I have PW, GW, 54, and 58. I have a 60 too but don't use it.

Wow, golf talk

giphy.gif
😁

Thanks everyone :)

Can't wait to be a Dad tbh - I waited for years until the time felt right, but now I'm ready for it.
The question is - knowing what I know, do I inflict a life of never-ending anxiety and pain on the child by registering it as a Wolves fan???

Belated congrats mate, nothing can prepare you for being a dad, I never thought I'd have kids when I was younger and I have four boys now, the oldest is 18 next week 😳

Two of them are Wolves fans, the other isn't really arsed about football anyway. They're lucky to be living through our longest top flight run in years! I don't live in the West Mids anymore, so I find it a great link to family, friends and memories.

And, as we all know, Wolves are a very special club, so there's that too.

Best of luck on the journey for all of you! x

I'm not a free man any more :D

Mrs DW's company has offices in Düsseldorf, Frankfurt and München but nowhere near Stuttgart. I've never actually been to that part of the country but it's supposed to be nice, albeit very different from where I lived.

It would be very funny to me if we somehow first met because of professional happenstance.

I honestly know fuck all about Stuttgart as a club or city, but saying "I worked with a Bundesliga club" beats the pants off of "I worked with another bank". 😂

Back