• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

After a well documented few years of personal and family hell, my ex from years ago got in touch out of the blue through Facebook back in September. We were really close and happy and lived together for a while, even had a baby on the way until we lost it. Being young we grew apart
So we got talking and it turned out she'd been in an unhappy marriage for years as well and had recently finally ended it. We talked a lot and finally met up (she lives in Hertfordshire now) and realised we were still absolutely mad about each other. We met up a few more times, met each other's kids and quickly came to the conclusion that we made a massive mistake not following our plans through when we were 22 and getting married and staying together forever like we intended. So after a few conversations we decided it was high time we did something about it, so a brilliant night at Fiume and a bottle of Bollinger later we're engaged. And happier than we've ever been.
Seems a bit strange going from two years single to engaged in a couple of months, especially when I had absolutely zero intention of ever getting married again, but when it comes to her I didn't even have to think twice and neither did she. Happy days finally.

And yes, I'm punching...

View attachment 6436
View attachment 6437
View attachment 6438
View attachment 6439
View attachment 6440

So five months on and we’re happier and stronger than ever. I know a few of you have met Helen now so you know she’s a keeper, and after a brilliant weekend at Coombe Abbey in March for her birthday she decided that’s where she’d love to get married. So we are, in August next year.
Amazing how life can turn around so quickly, this woman has had such a massive impact on my life and I’m happier than I’ve ever been. It helps she loves Wolves and Quo of course but that was never a deal breaker..!

IMG_3397.jpeg

IMG_3398.jpeg

IMG_3423.jpeg

ef3dc094-064a-4e96-a891-5f9545b2e145.jpeg

Congrats Boozer! Secret's in the planning. Wish I was over there, I'd offer to do your Wedding pics!
Delighted you're so happy!

Congrats mate. Delighted for you man 👍🎉

Awesome stuff mate, congrats. And Helen is defo a keeper mate, she was great when we met her!

Awesome Gav! Just wish I had got to meet her before I left. I’m sending you every happiness from fucking miles away. Honeymoon in Oz and I can show you a few good places 🤣

Damn kids with your romance

Stuttgart opportunity did fall through (as expected, Germans only), but I am getting to work for a small client based right here in NC! So that's kind of fun.

The code is... an adventure. To put it mildly. Big sink or swim vibes. If anyone has good vibes to send across the pond, I'd absolutely appreciate them. In this analogy, I'm Market Drayton and the code is Manchester City.

Last edited:
Stuttgart opportunity did fall through (as expected, German's only), but I am getting to work for a small client based right here in NC! So that's kind of fun.

The code is... an adventure. To put it mildly. Big sink or swim vibes. If anyone has good vibes to send across the pond, I'd absolutely appreciate them. In this analogy, I'm Market Drayton and the code is Manchester City.
You've got this Alan, knock it out of the park!

Just go for it Al, what's the worst case scenario? You fuck up and move onto summat else.....you're a good guy it'll be fine

First day it is nice enough & warm enough to get home from work & get out in the garden.

I know Amazon has its critics, but last night at around 10pm I bought a pair of Hiking Sandals, They arrived at lunchtime today.
I'm busy painting the house, so can't spare the time to drive into town, park and trail around from one shop to the next.
Free delivery too!
Brilliant service!

Hiking sandals are rad, if not especially fashionable.

Back