• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Guessing a mod has tweaked the wording under my profile pic, made me feel a proper forum member now

Don’t you know who I am!
Oh wait it’s only celebrities I bump off, you’ll be fine,.

15 years in the same company this week and got rewarded with £500 of Curry’s vouchers. Bagged a Marshall Kilburn II, a pair of Powerbeat Pros and a Ring 3 doorbell. Bostin’.

Currently lying in bed making my eardrums bleed with Vulgar Display of Power at full blast. Happy days.

Well the Marshall and the Powerbeats are ace, just what I’ve been missing in my life. The Marshall is loud enough for a party and the sound quality is ace. The Beats are just so convenient and are the first set of earphones that don’t fall out of my ears (big ears, small earholes).

But the Ring… Oh my word. If I’m bored I can open the app, go to live view and shout at people walking past. Why have I not had one of these before now?! It’s brilliant!

But the Ring… Oh my word. If I’m bored I can open the app, go to live view and shout at people walking past. Why have I not had one of these before now?! It’s brilliant!
Saves you having to get up to open the door!

Just got back from day one of Meatstock. Bands didn’t interest me much as country leaves me cold at the best of times but 2 KG tomahawk steaks definitely appeal. I have the meat sweats. Bring on day two tomorrow!

I made my own little home energy monitoring widget

1682326528109.png

Please elaborate how you did that for say, someone who forgets their own password,
Sure, I mostly followed this but made/used my own sensors.

So, Cadet stuff again...

Last month I was selected as the Officer IC for our bid to take a team to the Inter Services Cadet Rifle Meet (ISCRM) at Bisley.
The staff and cadets were trained on the weapon on Saturday, the staff in the morning and the Cadets for the full day. The staff then got to fire on the Range on the afternoon so we get an idea of the weapon and it's power as it's a "full bore" 7.62 caliber L81 Rifle. It went really well and we will be back at RAF Leeming this Saturday for the Cadet's first shoot.
Really happy with my results as the last time I fired something like this was a .303 when I was a cadet!
1st shoot the sling wasn't tight enough so got some up and down movement but once that was sorted, and some tinkering with the sights...
342708045_198329212960176_3957031516879462634_n.jpg341497182_910062766870113_5129268049832950862_n.jpg

Last edited:
The grouping on the second target is very impressive, I got my marksmans badge with a .22 but also shot 303 as well, was quite good at it, but you wouldn't know that now as I shake just carrying a cup of coffee :)

The grouping on the second target is very impressive, I got my marksmans badge with a .22 but also shot 303 as well, was quite good at it, but you wouldn't know that now as I shake just carrying a cup of coffee :)
Thanks Paul, loose sling on this thing makes a huge difference.

Yeah, No8 Rifle .22 and Lee Enfield .303 when I was a cadet. They don't know how lucky they are now a days with their under-powered 5.56 L98's

That's some impressive grouping. I'm pretty sure I have some old range targets somewhere too when I was in the cadets
I'm also surprised they are still using the L98's

That's some impressive grouping. I'm pretty sure I have some old range targets somewhere too when I was in the cadets
I'm also surprised they are still using the L98's
Cheers Ray...
It's the A2 version now so improved springs mean it doesn't stick like the old L98A1 did. I love the technical aspect of teaching how the weapon works, stripping it down and reassembling it. After that it's great coaching the kids and seeing them improve the more they shoot.

As for the grouping, I did competition shooting as a cadet. My eyes aren't what they used to be but I'm very happy with it!

Back