• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Getting a new job, was just at the point of thinking I may never work again.
Nothing exotic, driving a school minibus for a school in town, happy with my references and work history, unlike the last school that needed to contact firms that had closed 20 years ago.
Just need to start my DBS check and start date.
Congrats Keefy! Delighted for you. You can't beat working!
Did they check your sense of humour in the interview?
I expect they were highly entertained when for the first time ever, someone turned up for a bus drivers job with a bag over his head...

Believe me, you can if you don't have to do it...

Hmmm, close one, depends on the circumstances. Wrestling with that now. Don’t miss work but certainly miss the interaction and the self-worth that comes with that - that takes a hell of a lot of replacing.

Anyone able to ‘not have to work’ though is in an incredibly fortunate position.

There's a lot work brings, structure, social contact, learning, routine, sense of purpose, and cash amongst others!
I've always been struck by how we tend to identify ourselves by our jobs tho, there's so much more to us.
& working via choice rather than necessity is better for us.

Too right, I'm loving not working.

I loved being self-employed/semi-retired, cherry picking the jobs you do, that was the ideal, for me at least. Was fortunate enough to be in that situation from mid/late 40’s for 10 years or so.

Dunno, loving life at the moment and in a very fortunate position, but does feel like it’s a bit early and that work thing does take a hell of a lot of replacing.

There's a lot work brings, structure, social contact, learning, routine, sense of purpose, and cash amongst others!
I've always been struck by how we tend to identify ourselves by our jobs tho, there's so much more to us.
& working via choice rather than necessity is better for us.

Amen brother.

I loved being self-employed/semi-retired, cherry picking the jobs you do, that was the ideal, for me at least. Was fortunate enough to be in that situation from mid/late 40’s for 10 years or so.

Dunno, loving life at the moment and in a very fortunate position, but does feel like it’s a bit early and that work thing does take a hell of a lot of replacing.
I've not stopped working completely, but being in a position where I can pick and choose which means I get paid to travel and work in the Channel Islands 50% of the year.

Being an only child means that I am comfortable on my own so to speak.

S
I've not stopped working completely, but being in a position where I can pick and choose which means I get paid to travel and work in the Channel Islands 50% of the year.

Being an only child means that I am comfortable on my own so to speak.

Sounds a very nice position to be in, enjoy. I stop and have a moment of reflection and appreciation most days to be fair, figurative and literal bloody sweat and tears have gone under the bridge. I reckon everyone is looking for the shortcut but there just isn’t one - not a legal one anyway!

My son has just started going to football training on a Saturday morning. I think the most pleasing thing is that of all the kids in football clothes, only one has a Man Utd top on and the rest are in Wolves gear.
That's a change in even the last decade. When micro was in the under 8s (scary that he is now a 6'2" monster and a father himself) it was about 50% Wolves tops at training with a mix of United, Chelsea Liverpool and Arsenal for the rest, bar the main striker in his albion top. I think that striker is still on albion's books. Was picked up at 9 and I am not aware of him being released. Really good player too.

Apologies for me photobombing your post ‘username’

James have updated their profile pic on their website, which can only mean an album announcement is imminent.
praying tour info is also released!

Just booked tickets on the Welshpool and Llanfair railways Santa special, its possible I'm at least as excited as my 3 year old grandson.
Going back up to Surrey on 3rd Dec to take my 6mth old grandson to see Santa for the first time

Can't wait to see the look on his face

Don't think Santa will be that excited, he has tons of kids visit him every day in December...
Seeing as it's some shopping centre somewhere up there I suspect he will be bored out of his mind and pissed off with the kids (or maybe just pissed :))

Back