• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

ok, please enlighten me

Lawn bowls - outdoor played on a flat grass surface. Bowls, which are weighted on one side so that they will make a curved run when bowled are rolled up to a smaller ball, called the Jack, with the nearest wood winning. Gets more complicated than that so the attached links will aid understanding (ignore the fact that the only videos I could locate quickly are American ones so some of the language/terminology is different to what we use in the UK). There is also a format called Crown Green Bowls which is similar, but also has a green which is not completely flat (Lemon Jelly plays that type)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/bowls/4747148.stm

Lawn bowls - outdoor played on a flat grass surface. Bowls, which are weighted on one side so that they will make a curved run when bowled are rolled up to a smaller ball, called the Jack, with the nearest wood winning. Gets more complicated than that so the attached links will aid understanding (ignore the fact that the only videos I could locate quickly are American ones so some of the language/terminology is different to what we use in the UK). There is also a format called Crown Green Bowls which is similar, but also has a green which is not completely flat (Lemon Jelly plays that type)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/bowls/4747148.stm

ok, cheers..looks a lot like Boule like we play quite a lot here..but thats played on a gravel surface

ok, cheers..looks a lot like Boule like we play quite a lot here..but thats played on a gravel surface

Boules is not dissimilar, though from memory the balls are thrown in the air towards the jack - bowls are always rolled on the surface (throwing the bowl would get me ejected from every club
if I did that :nod: )

hehe ok, fun game though boule..never played bowls.. :)

Finding that comfy spot. If you lie on your side and can manage to drag a pillow behind you and place it along your back, then roll on it.Ahhhhhhhh :)

Bowls is da bomb. Harder than it looks too. Great stress reliever.

Bowls is da bomb. Harder than it looks too. Great stress reliever.

Da bomb ?????

Yep that's why there is so many disenfranchised youths hanging around street corners , not enough greens to go around !

Da bomb ?????

Yep that's why there is so many disenfranchised youths hanging around street corners , not enough greens to go around !

They still hang around near our green without engaging so doubt that thats what they are looking for :icon_smile:

Have you ever seen Blackball with Paul Kaye?

Took my son to drumming lesson on Warstones Road yesterday and popped in Spring Hill whilst I waited for him. Posh eatery nowadays seem to remember loads of bikers frequenting there years and years ago

Skips ordered.
Skips1.jpg

The abundance of pears this year on my two trees.

Back