• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Got my car back today, only had it 2 and a bit weeks when a massive pothole made a right mess of the front left corner then it's been in the garage over twice as long as it was with me. Seeing the list of parts and prices on that invoice makes me bloody thankful it's a company car.

How did you not avoid a "massive pothole" or was it as wide as the road?

Going down a country lane about 10 at night and saw it quite late due to the gradient of the road, would've been easily missed coming in to the centre of the road but I could see headlights coming round the bend just beyond it so either had the option of risking a head on crash or taking my own chances with the pothole at that point.

Bought my first car in a very, very long time today. Got to go and pick it up Thursday. Fuck you Avanti and fuck you Uber, even though I will no doubt have to use both of you in varying degrees at some point in the future.
Picked it up today, that drive from West Brom back home was just bliss. It’s a seriously nice car, for the money anyway.

IMG_6274.jpeg

Ordered food at the speaker at the drive-thru McDonald’s yesterday, then inched round to the payment window where the worker said there was nothing to pay as the driver in front had paid for our food too.

Was a bit taken aback but it’s quite a big thing apparently, where one person’s act of kindness makes you feel good and encourages you to do the same. Had a look online and there’s loads of examples of people paying for other people’s shopping and suchlike. You wonder when it’s filmed if it’s all done for likes but this person paid and was gone without an opportunity for any gratitude so it was as sincere as could be.

I’d like to think I’ll return the favour sometime although I reckon I'd have a crafty shufti to make sure it wasn’t a people carrier with 7 kids first!

Was a nice touch of warming kindness though, much unexpected but very much appreciated.

I had that a few weeks ago at a local traditional Neopolitan pizzeriafood truck.

I bought online and went to collect it, and the guy said it's your lucky day as someone on Tiktok had paid for the next customer to have a free pizza. So I got two for the price of one as I'd already paid for my original one online.

No way I could eat two large pizzas myself, so rang a mate and dropped it off to him on the way home.

Those trainers back in fashion again now Rishi has gone?

Booz and rap doesn't really compute. More likely to be Pantera, but that would need different boots.

Back